Please sign in to post.

Eiffel Tower entrance questions

Are the tickets for the Eiffel Tower just for the elevator going up? Can we go there and walk up the stairs at any time without a ticket?

We are going to eat lunch inside the Eiffel Tower. I believe that will just get us to the first floor. Can we pre-buy tickets to go up or do we buy tickets outside the restaurant?

Thank you for your replies!

Kelly

Posted by
8075 posts

The Tower is privately owned and for profit; there is no free walking up. You can buy a ticket to walk the stairs and that is usually not the same long line as the elevator lines.

The same is true of climbing church domes in my experience. It may be cheaper to walk the whole way e.g. St. Peters, but there is still a fee for climbers.

Posted by
11507 posts

Kelly. once on the first level.. ( since you are dining there) you can walk up to second level. Also., once on second level you can purchase tickets to top.

Posted by
71 posts

Thanks for your replies!

I tried to get tickets to go back at night and they were sold out so I wondered if there was another way up that wouldn't include waiting in line so long for a ticket.

Posted by
30 posts

My husband and I just returned from Paris. We could not get tickets for the Eiffel Tower before hand so we showed up at 8AM and there was probably 100 people already in line for the elevator. We were on the elevator in the Eiffel tower by 915am. The line is already very long by 9am. We lucked out as I hear people wait hours to get up there. We bought tickets all the way to the top at the bottom but I believe you can buy tickets to the top by the restaurant.

Posted by
71 posts

Thank You!

Wow! Good for you! I looked at my restaurant voucher and it said that we have tickets to the first floor so I am hoping we can buy to the top from the restaurant or 1st floor.

Do you know how to buy tickets if we wanted to go back at night? Stand in line again?

Thanks!