Please sign in to post.

Eiffel tower

Group of a few families trying to buy Eiffel Tower tickets for a specific day at the end of June. I keep reading I need to buy a few months in advance. I wrote to the site and received a very vague answer about when tickets will release. Is there any secret to this? Looking for June 28.

Posted by
5202 posts

Since this question comes up frequently I decided to contact the Eiffel Tower a couple of days ago asking when the May and June tickets would become available for booking online and this was their reply:

Good morning,

Thank you for choosing to visit the Eiffel Tower.

Please make your purchase via our website http://ticket.toureiffel.fr, where you can reserve the date and time of your visit once reservations open at 8.30am (Paris time), at the earliest 60 days in advance.

We inform you that tickets for May and June will be released the third of April.

Please contact us for any further information.

Kind regards,

The Customer Service
SOCIETE D'EXPLOITATION DE LA TOUR EIFFEL SETE
1, QUAI DE GRENELLE 75015 PARIS
www.toureiffel.paris
serviceclients@toureiffel.paris

So... Be ready to book your tickets on April 3rd at 8:30AM Paris time!

Check out their website, and preregister a few minutes in advance so you’ll be all set to book your tickets.

Have a wonderful trip!

Edited to add...
When I tried to book our Eiffel Tower tickets back in March 2016 (for our June trip) my first choice date was sold out within seconds! I called the Eiffel Tower and I was informed to try again the following morning. Tickets used to be released one day at time, but now things have changed and the website seems a bit erratic (when it comes to booking tickets)
Be ready!

Posted by
11507 posts

Keep looking every single day - the day they are released they usually vanish ! I thought I bought mine 60 days out , but that was a year and half ago and they seem to change date of release .

Also it’s a good idea to become familiar with website and booking process ( just so dummy bookings ) as they really do get snapped up .

Another option for getting to second level without having to wait for hours in elevator lines is to walk up the stairs , the view from the second level is great - I personally find the top too small and crowded . The stairs are wide enough people can pass you so you can go at your own pace and it’s actually rather cool climbing up through the leg of the tower . Plus it’s a bit cheaper

Posted by
20 posts

Thanks for the tips. I'm trying to preregister, but I cannot figure out how to do that. When I click on "Account" it only accepts information for existing accounts. Can anyone advise on how to preregister a new account? And with a US mobile is it all numbers, no dashes or xxx-xxx-xxxx?

Posted by
8034 posts

The phone number doesn't matter as long as you put in properly formatted numbers. I think it is +1phonenumber. with no dashes. +1 is the US country code.

The old advice on Eiffel tower tickets is all obsolete. They are now releasing them haphazardly so start 60 days out and keep trying.

Posted by
1368 posts

My account shows my mobile number with Area Code and Number, no dashes or spaces.

Posted by
78 posts

I tried to get tickets yesterday for May 21 for the second level, and the website told me they were not avaiiable - not sure if that means they are already sold out, or haven't gone on sale yet. I will try again tomorrow EARLY and see if I can snag one.

Posted by
1018 posts

Broekerd- kim here ( jane’s friend) who will be on your trip also. When/ time are you planning on going to Eiffel? I am trying for May 19 sometime between 6-7pm

Kim

Posted by
1018 posts

don't think you can pre-register. I could not find link. Only a link for customers who already have an account.

If you know now, let us know.

Posted by
15 posts

The log in page for the Eiffel Tower website does not provide an opportunity to set up a new account!!!! I can't believe how frustrating this is!!! I know I'm not the only one having a problem. I have no idea how this will be resolved when I'm up at midnight trying to book tickets for next month. SIGH!!!!!! Good luck to everyone trying to get tickets in about 3 hours.

Posted by
1 posts

Having similar issues. Mom, sis, and I will be in Paris May 21-26, trying for ET on May 25. We were given the same vague reply from customer service about "April 3" being the date of ticket release. No luck on ANY tickets, or on creating a new account. Does anyone have any idea on how likely it is to get early morning tickets (9:30-11:30) at the ticket office the day of? We really do want elevator tickets since my mom just had hip surgery in December.

Posted by
1018 posts

This is my opinion/thought—— I was up at 1:30 am (8:30 am Paris) trying to get May tickets according to info they sent me via email last week. I don’t think they released the May tickets. I did several attempts throughout May for both levels, for 2 and 4 people and nothing comes up. I did attempts through April same scenario and plenty of tickets.

I just don’t think they released them yet, just my opinion

Posted by
32 posts

Was anyone successful? My husband got up at 1:00 a.m. - stayed online an hour - said they were not available. This is ridiculous. He has had the same problems as someone else when trying to set up an account. We wanted tickets to the French Open for May 31. We knew they were available March 20 so we got up at 3:45 a.m., and when we got online we were number 17,732 in the queue, BUT an hour later we had tickets. It seems that one of the world's most recognizable icons could be more efficient.

Maybe he did something wrong?????

Posted by
15 posts

Good morning! I was also up at 12:30 am trying to get tickets. No luck after about 20 minutes of trying. Sent them an email and there was a response this morning when I checked my computer. They said tickets for May will be released "this day (April 3) and tomorrow. Tickets for June will be released during the week." I just tried again.....nothing. So, I guess my day will be spent checking the website for availability. Good luck, everyone!!!

Posted by
1018 posts

Update - looks like time slots are available only thru May 4. Nothing for the rest of May.

Posted by
15 posts

I guess this means we are up again in the wee hours of the morning to see what is released on April 4 at 8:30 Paris time. SIGH......

Posted by
67 posts

Checked a few times today for my dates (May 24-29) and not seeing a thing!

Posted by
27 posts

Day 2 of staying up until 12:30 Mountain Time to get tickets.......

I received this note from the Eiffel Tower customer service two days ago.....

Good afternoon,

Thank you for choosing to visit the Eiffel Tower.

We inform you that tickets for May will be released during this day and tomorrow.

Tickets for the beginning of June will be on sale during this week.

Please contact us for any further information.

Kind regards,

The Customer Service
SOCIETE D'EXPLOITATION DE LA TOUR EIFFEL SETE
1, QUAI DE GRENELLE 75015 PARIS
www.toureiffel.paris
serviceclients@toureiffel.paris

What I don't get is why lie and say you will release the tickets on April 3 and 4th.......and then don't do it?

Sighhhhhhhhh.......not a happy camper. I know these are first world problems, but does anyone know what is going on?

Posted by
20 posts

Just glad to see I'm not alone in this mysterious journey. I am baffled that such a popular tourist attraction does not have a more streamlined transparent way of helping tourists visit. I can't see myself checking at 11:30pm every night - that seems ridiculous. We may end up having to walk. Thanks for all of the posts and advice!

Posted by
1018 posts

Travisoverip - - I got the same message. I am in the same boat/opinion with ya! Would like to get tickets soon to finish up my planning.

Posted by
94 posts

I am leaning towards purchasing from a reseller (who has a 24 hr cancellation policy) just to have tickets in case nothing opens up May 26 - 31

Posted by
41 posts

I keep obsessively checking as well. I need tickets for June 2. The website said June tickets would open 60 days prior to the date, but that is not what happened. It looks like they’ve just opened them 30 days prior.

Posted by
32 posts

I checked the website like 10 times a day. At 8am (MST) there were no tickets available for the 11th. Same at 9:30am. Then at 11:00am...TICKETS!

Just keep checking. There is NO RHYME OR REASON for the ticket distribution.

Posted by
1018 posts

OK Peeps - Some times slots are NOW available thru May 23. I just got mine for the day I needed.

Posted by
14 posts

if you can't get any tickets when they first open up, wait a bit before you buy a tour. i'm going at the end of april. when the tickets first went on sale, they sold out in seconds. so i bought a tour. now, 2 weeks out, i checked again and there are plenty of tickets available...just saying.

Posted by
225 posts

FYI - I was able to buy summit tickets for May 11th this morning

Posted by
771 posts

I bought mine at 9:45 am EST time for May 5. I just checked and there are still plenty of times.

Posted by
225 posts

I accidently bought summit tickets for the wrong time. if anyone wants to buy two tickets for May 11 at 3pm, please let me know. Thx!

Posted by
20 posts

I just saw today when I tried to buy for the end of June - they finally have placed a notice on the site that we have to check back exactly 60 days before we want to buy. So, now I at least know what day I need to stay awake until midnight!

Posted by
41 posts

I was checking twice a day and when they finally released June tickets, the time I wanted was already sold out. I picked a time earlier than I wanted, but at least I now have tickets for the day I needed and can relax.

Posted by
20 posts

I just purchased tickets yesterday for June 8th. June was just posted yesterday. I have been checking 3 x a day for a while.
When I checked, 4 time slots were already sold out.-- one that I had had wanted-- but I made adjustments and got 4 tickets.
I had trouble creating my account to purchase the tickets. Not sure where you are from but it begins by asking for your mobile number for the account. You must put it as +1 then your phone number with no dashes or parentheses or it will not allow you to advance out of this screen to move on.

So yes if you do not keep checking daily you will definitely get shut out when your date opens. You will also have to have a time in your head when you get on and know whether you are choosing to the summit or the 2nd level.

I just checked the sight now. Tickets are only available June 9 and before.

Hope this helps-- Good Luck

Posted by
1 posts

I was able to purchase tickets for May 23rd today. I was trying to get tickets for weeks now and the site kept saying "no available tickets", and finally I got 6 tickets today. So try again if you weren't able to purchase.

Posted by
471 posts

Who knows what's up with that website? For a couple weeks, I kept trying for the 23-25 of May with no luck. On April 5, I had a minute at work in the mid-morning and went to the site. Bam! The tickets were available in decent time slots but not around sunset. I was just happy to get tickets in the late afternoon.

I wonder if they release tranches of tickets at intervals. I can just see some bureaucrat nefariously deciding what and how much to release on a periodic basis. Bwaahaha....