Please sign in to post.

Eiffel Tower & ET local area (casual lunch options) 2022

As many do, we will do the Eiffel Tower tour - September this year (daytime) due to other obligations can't take in the night view.

Not looking to enjoy the fine dining in either restaurant in ET but looking for casual lunch options.

Have seen reviews and menu for Frame & Le Ribe (Restaurant Chez Ribe). Not concerned about the price point but timing / length of the casual lunch.

Part of our package offers access to the river cruise departing near Le Bistro Parisien (no lunch) so in saying this, would a casual lunch there (Le Bistro Parisien be the best option?) Reviews as of late are not flattering but wanted the groups feedback.

Any other recommendations are welcome.

Thank you.

Posted by
2464 posts

I get flack for this from other forum regulars but my answer to eating near the Eiffel Tower is don't -
go across the river and pick a bistro or cafe near metro Iéna or metro Kleber, or show your patriotic spirit by picnicking in Square Thomas Jefferson. You'll be getting your fill of tourists on the cruise and on the tower platform, why add any more if you can get away conveniently?

Posted by
20 posts

@avirosemail
In all honesty - this would be our approach (to dine away from major attractions, something local) unfortunately this is the only "dine & dash" we will do. Time constraints after the ET tour will be the issue and wanting to jump on the river cruise (departing at Le Bistro Parisien) area - makes it easier.

(We will be taking advantage of time with friends who live in Paris to enjoy dinner in a local place - can't wait!) In the meantime, the ET tour in the morning and comp river cruise to do - will fill the time until meeting with friends for dinner.

Definitely keeping the links to both places you sent - the location is easy to access and half way to Arc de Triomphe (local).

Very much appreciate the info.

Posted by
11161 posts

Look in the 7th arrondisement for places to have lunch as it is adjacent to the Eiffel Tower.

Posted by
8063 posts

There will be a long line at the cafe at Musee Quai Branley. This is a terrible area for quick service. Bring a picnic lunch or go a bit away from the Tower to one of the many crepe places in the area and then wander back for the boat. I assume the boat is not a timed ticket.

Posted by
13952 posts

Maybe further than you want to walk, but at the far end of Champ de Mars at the intersection of Avenue Bosquet and Rue de la Motte-Picquet I enjoy La Terrasse du 7eme. The service is moderately fast for a Parisian cafe and they have a nice outdoor space.

https://www.laterrassedu7.com/

There is also the option of getting sandwiches from a boulangerie and eating on a bench along the Champ de Mars. Depending on how you are getting to the ET, if you go via the Ecole Militaire Metro stop, there are a couple of good boulangeries in the area.

You can also walk down Rue Saint-Dominique or Rue du Grenelle for some nice lunch places that are not all full of tourists.

Posted by
9420 posts

Café Roussillon is a favorite of mine, at 186 rue de Grenelle, a 15 min (edited) walk from the ET (corner of rue Cler and rue de Grenelle).

Posted by
903 posts

Due to wonderful reviews, my husband and I had reservations at Les Cocottes de Christian Constant in the 7th but had to cancel that trip in 2019. We will be in Paris this October and will reserve Les Cocottes for lunch. I hope it works out this time. Again, very near the ET, but we've not eaten there--only read great reviews. Plus, it looks casual and with outdoor dining.

Posted by
20 posts

@Laurie Ann
Thank you - I'll have a look. Not far from Eiffel Tower from what I can see.

@Suki
7th ARR - great. Seems it has a good number of options. Will have a look. Thank you.

@anettravels44
Ok - good to know. A little further away seems to be the consensus. Fortunately no, the river cruise is not a timed ticket (open use - just show up and wait for a slot.) - Thank you.

@Pam
True but worth the walk if the food is decent and short service. Will have a look. Sandwiches and light lunch might be the best solution. Can enjoy the view from pretty much anywhere along the way. Further away from the tourist traffic would be ideal (something we are definitely doing for dinner that same evening.) - Thank you.

@Susan
Wonderful. Not far - only about a 15 minute stroll from ET. Looks inviting. - Thank you.

@Lindy
Thank you for sharing. If we do opt on dining there - I will let you know how it went. - Thanks again!

We really appreciate everyone's contributions - thank you. Any other ideas or recommendations are welcome.

Posted by
9420 posts

You’re right Chris, a 15 min walk… not 5 as i said. Really good food, not expensive, good service. I always stay in the Marais and go out of my way to cross town to eat here.