Please sign in to post.

Eiffel Tower

When making our May reservations for the Eiffel Tower, we found the time slots from approximately 5:00pm and 8:00pm were not available on most days. Is there a reason these times are showing unavailable on the official Eiffel Tower website?
Thank you,
CG

Posted by
177 posts

I noticed that too. I am hoping when the dates open (which for me is tomorrow morning) they will be there to select. We wanted to go up at 7:30 but if not available we will pick 8:00.

Posted by
731 posts

I know many like the idea of starting off when it's still light.......you can see more of the landscape. Then, if you stay a little while, it'll get dark and voila, you have Paris, the city of lights!

Posted by
17 posts

Do you mind posting when you make your reservation? We are also hoping more times open up on the day you can reserve. Thanks.

Posted by
360 posts

That seems strange, as 8 p.m. is well before sunset. We were there last May and took the 8 p.m. tour and it was broad daylight when we started (the sun set while we were up there, which was amazing). I can't fathom why 5-8 p.m. would be booked this far out.

Posted by
36 posts

I had the same question about times showing as unavailable. Also, is it a problem if I print the tickets on regular 8.5 x 11 size paper instead of A4 paper? I can't figure out how to change my printer settings.

Posted by
7209 posts

Typical American size 8.5"x11" is fine. Tickets from the website sell out like hot cakes. Just be glad there are ANY time slots open.

Posted by
177 posts

Cynthia I made my reservations this morning but there were no additional times between 5:00 and 8:00 PM so I just picked 8:00. We should be up there before it gets dark.

Posted by
4 posts

Hi Cynthia
My sister and I are also trying to book the Eiffel Tower in May. We can't seem to find a site that will book this far out. Will you share the site you used?
Thank you!
Emily

Posted by
731 posts

Carole, we went up at 4pm....you are lucky to have the 8pm time slot so you can see the city during daylight and evening!

Posted by
400 posts

Hi Cynthia,

I too have been looking into reserving Eiffel Tower tickets for May. I looked into quite a few days that weren't even available yet, and it appears, they don't offer any times between 5 to 8. It's strange but they must have made changes and its either 5 or 8 for sunset viewing. It states they become available 3 months prior at 8:30 am (Paris time) that day. Now to figure out what time is that where we live. Good luck!

Posted by
5211 posts

Linda,

It looks like you are in CST, so Paris time is 7 hours ahead of your time.

So at midnight your time today, it's 7AM (tomorrrow) in Paris.

In other words...If you want to buy your tickets at 8:30AM Paris time, you will have to stay up till 1:30AM!

I remember the days when we didn't have to order tickets in advance, & there weren't any huge lines for the Eiffel Tower ;-)

Posted by
206 posts

My family and I went last year in june and I got on the website when they went on sale - sold out - they had sold out the whole allotment in 3 minutes from opening. We just turned up and there was a huge queue (approx. 3 hour wait) on one line. The other tower entrance had 2 people. We asked the security what the difference was. He shrugged and said no difference, just nobody else had asked. 15 minutes later we were up the tower!! Got to be lucky sometimes I guess

Posted by
177 posts

Kathy we will be going up there this time with our sons and they wanted to see the sunset. We should be up there in time for that. It will be great seeing it at this time since we went up last time at 4:00 PM.

Posted by
177 posts

Linda I made our reservations for Thursday May 5 on February 5th. All times were available and I ordered them when I got up that morning (around 6:30 AM EST). There were no issues. What day in May are you needing to go? I would count back the 90 days and just try to get on first thing in the morning. No need to get up at 0 dark thirty to try. I was surprised that the times were available. There were still no times between 5 and 8 which I thought was strange.