Please sign in to post.

Eiffel Tower - best time of day to reserve

Wondering if anyone had advice on the best time of day to go up the elevators at the Eiffel Tower. Will be visiting the first week of September. It looks like I can chose time of day in groups of afternoon, dusk (6-8), or evening. Wondering what time of day offers best viewing and best for photography. Any advice greatly appreciated!

Posted by
1059 posts

If you have the time, I found the best time to go up the tower is just before dusk and to stay until it gets dark. I enjoyed watching the lights come on in the city. On my last trip to Paris, I was fortunate to be on the Tower during a lightening storm. I was very glad that there were no lightening strikes near the tower otherwise I might not have liked it as much.

Posted by
3177 posts

I totally agree about going at dusk. The fading sunlight illuminates the city beautifully, the sunset is memorable and the lights coming on all over the city add a spectacular sparkle. Try to be on the tower no later than 7:45. Sunset is about 8:20 for the first week of September.

Posted by
94 posts

We loved seeing the sunset from the Eiffel Tower. Afterwards we went to Trocador for a great view of the tower all lit up and got to see it sparkle at the top of the hour. It was magical.