Please sign in to post.

Eiffel Tower

I want to buy admission tickets for the Eiffel Tower for July 4th or 5th this year and have been checking the ET website daily but it still does not list July. Does anyone have any estimate as to when July will come available on the ET website?

Posted by
7010 posts

Based on a couple of posts in another recent thread, the release of tickets online has been a bit sporadic and the best advice is just to keep watching the website.

Posted by
1174 posts

Only the French know for sure. You might get on the ET website now and practice purchasing tickets using dates that are now available. You don't have to pay until the last part so you can learn how it works when the time comes. You'll have to be on the website around 0830 Paris time. Be sure you also know when Paris goes on a daylight savings time so you won't be an hour late on the website, especially if you want to be there to watch sundown. Also inform your credit card company that you are buying French tickets so you won't be denied after all your efforts. Tickets are gone quickly so have your dates and times ready to input and keep checking the website so you won't miss out. Get tickets to the summit if you haven't been before. Everybody should go to the summit at least once.

Posted by
414 posts

Saw another post on here that due to lack of “security staffing” the Eiffel Tower was closed on April 13, 2018- all the restaurants as well. I never reserve tickets ahead of time- as anything can happen- I was there last May and just bought my ticket there- not sure if it was related to the Rail strikes- AirFrance strikes, or public worker strikes- but if you dont absolutely need to pre purchase tickets I would not- unless you need to adhere to a strict time schedule.

Happy Travels✨💫

Posted by
2093 posts

Hi pure, it’s 90 days in advance at 8:30 am Paris time (that’s 2:30 am EST). I would not wait until you’re here to purchase. Wait time for those buying tickets was 2-3 hours when we were there earlier this week. I’d imagine it will be worse in July.

Get tickets online and hope there aren’t any strikes. This week it was security personnel but everything was back to normal the next day. Per their email, you will get a full refund if it’s closed the day you have tickets.

Also consider that the area is really messed up due to construction. You must enter and exit from the Trocadero side (of course that may change by July). Saw 3 rats (over the period of 5 days), all near the Champs du Mars by the trash cans. It wouldn’t keep me from going there but be aware.

Posted by
35 posts

I am also trying to buy tickets for July 21 2018 and I am also not able to even get the July calendar to pop up. It is still on the June calendar. I can't e-mail the site. Is there another way to alert the site of the lack of July calendar?

Posted by
72 posts

The website (and here's where I put on my technical hat) uses something called Cascade Style Sheets (CSS) and Javascript (JS) to render the page. Elements of the page are pre-constructed and brought together to make the page whole. It would be like if you were making a design that looked like a newspaper and had the individual stories stored elsewhere instead of the text for the page being in the code in full.

What this (very boring and technical explanation) means is there's no way to change the URL (the web address of the page) to see if there's a July page available (but not yet linked by the webmaster).

Just to show you how dry and boring it is, it looks like the page pulls how that part of the page should look using a CSS at https://statics-sete.digitick.com/coltcache/sete/ext/billetterie5/site/sete/style/CSS5c_ChoixDate.css ...

...and where you're picking the date from using JS at http://ticket.toureiffel.fr/ext/billetterie5/ressource/composant/CSS5c_ChoixDate/js/general.js?v=48042

I'm afraid you'll have to check the website once or twice a day, just to be sure you're one of the first to get to it when July finally opens up. Quite rightly, they have their system well locked up so they can control the release dates.

You can also reserve lunch at the Restaurant 58 Tour Eiffel and that gets you past the lines. Not cheap but may be worth it to you. We will be there July 2!