Please sign in to post.

Eiffel Tower advance tickets

We are family of 4 hoping to get advance tickets near twilight hour for July 3 or 4. A few questions for advice:

1) Does anyone know when the next available day tickets are released? RS says 8:30 Paris time. However, I did a test run last night and that didn't seem right. June 27 tickets were available as expected all day yesterday. At 9:00 Paris time, the graphical icon for June 28 date changed to the "cross-hatched" form shown for dates with no availability. So, something happened. At 10:00 Paris time (1:00 AM my time!), it was the same. When I woke up this morning, I could click it with most times available, but some fully booked. I'm happy to be awake whenever they are first bookable, so just curious if anyone knows when that happens!

2) I've been before (earlier in the day), but my family hasn't. We were thinking of trying to straddle daylight and evening, so maybe around 20:30. Thoughts or advice on that? We are happy to take it slow and linger.

3) When I went, it was offseason and I purchased day of tickets to climb to the 2nd floor. My family would like to avoid the wait, but actually prefers the option of walking up the stairs to the 2nd floor. Are you allowed to walk up if you have advanced elevator tickets? If not, no big deal.

Any information or advice is much appreciated!

Posted by
7977 posts

If you want to walk, then buy tickets on site; you can buy the elevator to the top at the same time (assuming availability -- on crowded or weather challenged days, the tickets might not be available. BUT generally it is possible to buy walk up tickets to the second floor and at the same time, buy the elevator ticket from 2 to 3. I would not buy tickets ahead if you want to do that.

Posted by
140 posts

I can’t answer your specific questions, but we went yesterday so can give info on our experience.

I purchased timed tickets a month or two in advance. Selected 6:30pm. Arrived at initial security screening at 6:10. Went straight to the line to go up. Once at the 2nd level, got in the line for the summit —confusing signage, but you go to the right edge, overlooking Invalides, etc depending on length of the line. It was packed, people constantly cut the line, and others left —presumably didn’t have summit tickets which were sold out). It took an hour to get thru that line and get in the summit elevator.

So whatever time you want to be on the summit (google sunset for your dates) plan a timed visit for 1-2 hours before that time

Posted by
7977 posts

Definitely pad the time if you want to go to the top at sunset. We were there April 9 in the afternoon and it took 70 minutes with reservations in the line for the first elevator -- for us the line for the summit elevator was actually quick -- maybe 10 minutes. But as noted above it can be very long as well. The second floor has the best views but the top is a thrill if you haven't done it before. The final route to the top is by steep stairs.

Posted by
100 posts

let us know if you figure it out! We're in Ohio, so 8:30am - 10am Paris time (quoted on le Tour website and in RS, as you say) is much more in the middle of the night for us. We are going in July, but also have an almost 6 year old with us, so I don't want to go too late. I am hoping for a 7pm time entry, so we can be up and down by 9-9:30ish, see the lights sparkle at 10pm and head home.

Posted by
2537 posts

We were thinking of trying to straddle daylight and evening, so maybe around 20:30.

I am not sure about when you can expect to purchase tickets, but sunset in Paris at the end of June will be just after 22h00, dark about 40 minutes after that.

Posted by
136 posts

thanks,

I had the same experience, precisely trying to but tickets for June 28. I checked at 2:00 am (8 am Paris time) at 3:00 am (9;00 am Paris time) and then at 7:00 am. By that time, some time slots (including the one I wanted) were sold out. I realize this message may be a bit late. I hope you had luck.

Posted by
25 posts

Tickets are not yet available by 2:32 am Pacific time, but they are available before 4:00 am Pacific time. If the availability is set to an exact time, I would guess 3:00 am Pacific or perhaps 3:30 am Pacific. The former would be noon in Paris.

Setting my alarm for 3:57 am Pacific time last night, I was able to get the tickets I wanted for 3 July at 20:00.

Posted by
100 posts

thank you both! i appreciate it. looks like I could do a 6am check eastern time and hopefully get what we want. Appreciate you sharing your research!

Posted by
583 posts

I think you have to buy the combo stairs/elevator ticket on-site. For those of you that aren6 aware, it is 674 steps from the ground to the 2nd floor. We walked to the ground from the 1st floor last night. That was only 328 steps.

Posted by
1 posts

I just had a lucky advanced purchase experience. Based on the initial availability calendar (approximately 60 days out), thought I had to wait one more day until I would see my preferred date (and I was planning to get up in the middle of the night for the magical 8:30 Paris time). But I started a trial purchase just to see what the process was. When I clicked on the initial calendar for the latest available ("longest in advance") date, I was eventually taken to a secondary calendar that had my preferred NEXT DAY already available! I felt like I found a secret option! Possible it was some trick of the calendar dates as I was purchasing for the 1st day of that month. Your mileage may vary. Bonne chance!