Please sign in to post.

Eiffel Tower

So when I buy tickets online for 7.30pm, how much earlier should I arrive given the security lines that I hear are long? The official website doesn't give that information. At the end of September I thought getting there around sunset would be lovely. Thanks in advance!

Posted by
2128 posts

Hi ruthie, I'd plan to arrive 30-45 minutes in advance. They are working on the area around the ET to beef up security, it's a mess. We were there in mid-April and waited 25 minutes in the security line before entering. It's worth the trip! Have fun in Paris!

Posted by
9 posts

Hello Donna,
Thanks so much for responding! One last question - if we show up around an hour before the booked 7.30 slot, do you think that we'd actually get in the elevator at that time? No idea if it is more a question of the earlier you arrive with a ticket, the better your chance of being admitted on time.
Thanks so much.
Ruthie

Posted by
2128 posts

Hi ruthie, I've been to the summit eight times. We purchased timed tickets in advance and got there early. We weren't allowed on the elevator until just a few (5-10) minutes before our time. I guess it really depends on the guard on duty but that's what we experienced. I hope you have a great time in Paris (my favorite city!).

Posted by
423 posts

I was there in May and breezed thru security at about 11 am so it just depends I guess. The elevators get packed so watch your pockets and wallets as they jam pack you in- and factor in a wait when your ready to leave. It is amazing though and we took beautiful pics of the city from the top! France is beautiful!!

Happy Travels๐Ÿ’ซโœจ

Posted by
8055 posts

FWIW NEVER have a wallet in a pocket in Paris (or elsewhere in European cities) or any other valuables. 'Watching' or 'being alert' is useless; the only way to prevent being picked is to not be a walking buffet.