Please sign in to post.

eiffel tower

Is it worth going to the top of the Eiffel Tower? Do you have to stand in line if you get tickets in advance?

Posted by
5210 posts

We definitely thought it was worth going to the top of the Eiffel Tower!

You’ll receive various answers here. Some will tell you that the view from the second level is amazing ( and it is!) Others will tell you not to go on the tower at all.

Keep in mind that this is your trip and you’ll have to decide if you want to go up or not.

If you book your tickets in advance, you may have to wait in the security line, but not in the ticket buying line.

Enjoy your time in PAris!

Posted by
8049 posts

You should be able to decide what you want to do. Whether it was 'worth it' for me is irrelevant for you.

If you get tickets in advance to the top, you will have a fairly short wait at the bottom for the trip to the second floor; everyone waits in the long lines on the second floor for the elevator to the top. How long depends on how crowded it is, but I would assume roughly an hour on a busy day. There is also perimeter security but that is fairly quick.

Posted by
11315 posts

Worth it? Yes, once in your life, absolutely go to the top. If you only go to the 2nd level, the next day you’ll wonder: “What did we miss?” Then you’d have to go again.

Posted by
2299 posts

Hey hey stacellen
Of course it is!!! it’s like do ducks f_ _ _ in water. your time flying on a plane to stand in line is so so worth it. book ahead of time on Eiffel Tower sight, take your camera and enjoy the views. Come back and let’s us know if good or bad. After our view we bought bottle of champagne and celebrated with strangers down below and it was fabulous. enjoy and cheers
Aloha

Posted by
89 posts

We went to the top and I’m glad we did though it really has nothing to do with the view. I liked the view from the 2nd level best. However, we went to the top, enjoyed it, and now every time I see photos of the Eiffel Tower or see it on tv or in movies I think, “We were up there way at the top!” It is a fun memory. I don’t think I would have the same reaction seeing it on tv (or wherever) if we had just gone to the second level, because it’s just rather cool knowing you stepped foot way up there at the top. For me it was the experience, not the view. Enjoy your trip and enjoy all the wonderful views looking at the Eiffel Tower not just from it.

Posted by
14 posts

I thought it was worth it when I did the Paris tour in 2016.
My traveling companion/friend ordered out tickets in advance and we planned it for twilight--going up in the day and we stayed up at the top as the sun set (yes, it took a while and got crowded)
Would I do it again? I'm not sure.
But I am darn happy that I did it ONCE!

Hi,

I think it is. Last time we were there we bought tickets in advance so no line for us. And we also were there at sunset.... not our intention but it made it very special.
It did get a bit crowded on the side of the sunset.....

Posted by
2602 posts

Going to the summit was worth it, to me--I have a fear of heights, so originally just bought my ticket to the second level (this was 2016) and really my fear was mainly about being in the elevator, I could walk around the platform just fine but had to close my eyes going up and down. I was there early in the day and from the second level quickly bought the supplement to the summit. Marvelous view, and I surprised myself, all in all a wonderful experience.

Posted by
8049 posts

Note that it is no longer possible to buy a ticket to the top on the second level, so you do need to buy the summit ticket from the beginning either on line, or on the day of the visit or when buying the walk to the second floor ticket. The supplement cannot be purchased on the second floor now.