Please sign in to post.

Eiffel Tower

Hello! We are going to be in Paris for the week of Christmas. I see a lot of "passes" for the Eiffel Tower. What would offer the best experience. Should you go to the top?
Thanks!

Posted by
656 posts

I was visited the top last September and enjoyed it. It was very crowded and difficult to move around. The elevator line to level 2 took some time and then the lift from 2 to the bottom was very busy so we took the stairs the rest of the way. I am not sure how crowded it will be in December, but if you want to say you have been to the top then go for it. The views from level 2 are great and a lot will tell you the views are better. Enjoy it whatever you decide. After all, it is the ET!!

Posted by
2788 posts

I have gone to Europe for 13 of the last 14 years and have gone to the top of the ET twice. Those are some of the best highlights of my touring in Europe. And, I am deathly afraid of heights which I managed to overcome.

Posted by
11507 posts

If you can still get a ticket( they do sell out) go on the Eiffel Tower website and buy the "Behind the Scenes Tour".

It gets you a timed entry ( so no line waiting) and a tour of behind the scenes, and while I have not personally done it, everyone who has fives it good reviews!

Posted by
137 posts

Go to the top? Why go then? Yes, yes, go to the top, by all means! You'll get home and people will ask you what was the view like from the top of the Eiffel Tower? You may never get back there. Plan to go up there around 4-5:00 pm that way the lights will be on throughout Paris. You can ice skate on deck 1 (if it's set up). Enjoy, have a great time, and tell us about the view!