Please sign in to post.

Eiffel Tower

Prob answered a million times already but here goes. I plan to do the 2nd level in mid Sept. Most slots are booked as of now. I may walk up or take the lift. Not sure as of now. Do I need an advance reservation for the lift, saving the ticket wait line? Same for walking? If I do make a lift reservation, can I still walk up? The $ is not the concern but a physical reason. I'm not trying to overthink this. I ascended to the summit 36 years ago and don't feel the need to go up again; the 2nd level would be fine.

ty

Posted by
818 posts

both tickets are available at the ET, you may just have to wait in line.

Usually, the walk to the 2nd floor tickets and lift to the top are only sold there and don't have a line.

You can buy either the walk OR lift tickets to 2nd floor online - you don't HAVE to have a reservation but you may get stuck in line. When I went, last October, the lift to 2nd floor tickets had a 15 minute wait to purchase (the top was closed the day I went).

Looks like you can't change your mind and use a stair ticket for the lift, or vice versa, as you go up different legs of the tower. https://www.toureiffel.paris/en/faq/spot/how-can-you-climb-eiffel-tower-foot