Please sign in to post.

Eiffel Tower

We (2 of us) are leaving for Paris and will arrive on the 21st of July. I tried to get tickets for the Eiffel Tower, but there are none for our dates. How can we get to see the view from the Tower since our dates are sold out? Please help

Posted by
482 posts

This is a common question and has been answered numerous times in this forum. If you look through the forum topics, you'll see several variations of the question and dozens of answers.

I don't know as much as others, so I won't pretend that my answer is comprehensive. You should still look up other answers to this question.

Advanced tickets do sell out but there are tickets sold every day at the Tower itself. Lines are long, so go early (before it opens) and buy a ticket. It's as simple as that. Voila, you will get to go up in the Eiffel Tower. If you are able and willing, buy tickets for the stairs and walk up instead of taking the lift. It's cheaper and the lines are shorter. You don't have to be a fitness freak to do this and people who do it say it's fun.

Posted by
29 posts

We are going around the same time, tickets for July sold out months in advance. There are a number of tour companies with skip the line tickets at exorbitant prices, if you don't have time for the lines. Unfortunately, I think they bought up the advance tickets.

Posted by
2127 posts

Hi Thomas, I've done two Behind the Scenes tours with Get Your Guide Tours and enjoyed them very much. It was $30 USD and took about an hour for the tour. Then you skip the lines and catch the elevator to the second floor. You can stay on the ET as long as you want. I thought it was worth the money.