Please sign in to post.

Efiffel Tower Cracking the Booking Code: Help Needed for July 14th, 2024

Hey everyone,

I’m trying to plan a special family outing for July 14th, 2024, and I’d love your advice. Whenever I visit the official website to book, I only see availability up to May 30th. Does anyone know when they typically release dates beyond that? I prefer booking directly through the official website to snag the best time slots and save a few bucks. Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Posted by
8069 posts

The first group of tickets is released 60 days out, I think at 8 or 9 Paris time; the largest group is released 7 days out at 1 pm Paris time. You have to be persistent as the system will be overloaded. Keep at it till you get the tickets you need.

Posted by
825 posts

60 days in advance.
"The desired visit date is not available, what should I do?
montrer/masquer la réponse
Certain days (weekends, days during peak season between July and August) are in high demand and we sell out quickly, especially for e-tickets for the top floor, which are the most popular. If you are flexible, select another date that is shown as available. The dates marked in orange indicate that the last tickets are available. Lined out or grayed out dates are no longer available. If there is no more online availability, note that tickets to visit the Eiffel Tower are also sold on site at the ticket offices at the monument.
Regardless, we sell our tickets online up to 60 days in advance (for lift tickets) and 14 days in advance (for stairs tickets to second floor). If you can, plan your visit well in advance, so you will have the choice of date, destination and time."
https://ticket.toureiffel.paris/en#_ga=2.35289321.915584354.1712851877-1515458336.1712851877

Posted by
10208 posts

They go on sale at 12:00 midnight. Personal experience living in France. We had the computer loaded with as much info as possible before midnight. I refreshed the screen at midnight and voila, the time slots for the day we were waiting for appeared.
You have to go fast. I used a computer for two-hand typing, while my husband read out the credit card numbers. I also had to fill in the names for each ticket. Et voila, we had a surprise ready for visiting family.

Posted by
8069 posts

But there is a large number released exactly 7 days out as well -- a new batch and that is at 1 pm Paris time.

Posted by
9612 posts

I am not sure - does anyone know if the Eiffel Tower is open for regular visits on the 14th (given the fireworks show that explodes off of it that evening)??

Posted by
1 posts

After having tried repeatedly on other occasions and failed, I just successfully booked two weeks ago. Tickets are released at midnight Paris time. In addition to what people have said above, I learned from a post on Reddit that your computer clock has to be changed to Paris time otherwise the website will tell you the tickets are not available yet. I tried without doing this and the tickets were never available for the day I wanted. So I set my computer clock to Paris time logged on promptly at 7:00 PM EST, had my credit card ready and booked the exact time that I wanted which was one hour before sunset. We will see Paris before during and after the sun goes down which according to Rick is the best time to be there.

Posted by
673 posts

LindaS,
See Kim's comments. Pretty sure it is closed for the Fete National.

Posted by
10208 posts

Very interesting about the the clock and Paris time--that explains why I was able to see the tickets at midnight. My computer clock is always on Paris time. Good advice to remember.

Posted by
15087 posts

Let me reiterate.....July 14 is a holiday in France. Plan to visit a different day.