Please sign in to post.

easy jet

I see no reviews for easy jet since 2015? Yet i find cheap flights and am wondering how reliable they are. We are traveling from Lyon, FR to Napoli or Rome, Italy April 2022

Posted by
2414 posts

I flew Barcelona to Nice and Nice to Rome. No problems

Posted by
9601 posts

EasyJet is absolutely fine. It’s what I use most of the time if flying somewhere in Europe .

(Where are you looking for reviews ?)

Posted by
2639 posts

until covid reared it's ugly head i flew with Easyjet 6-10 times a year, great airline with a good on time record. I had flights that were cancelled due to Covid and Easyjet refunded me promptly. just make sure of their baggage policy and costs ,double check everything and don't presume you will be allowed bags and personal items that are on not your ticket, lots of variations so check,

Posted by
6113 posts

They are my default airline and I use them wherever possible. However, they changed their unlimited weight hand luggage policy last year, putting them more in line with other airlines.

I had numerous EasyJet flight changes last November when trying to get back to the U.K. from Spain, as they were changing their flight schedules daily to reflect changes in government Covid policy. Other than this, I have never had any cancellations or significant delays.

Posted by
1114 posts

we've flown them since 2015, but not since Covid. The thing to understand is they actually mean what they say about their baggage policy.

A few weeks ago I was on a domestic United flight and lots of people were lugging 2 full size suitcases even though the policy says "one carry-on bag and one personal item." A few had even more. None of the gate personnel batted an eye. Before boarding started they asked for people to check bags because bin space was going to run out, few did even though it was free.

Easyjet, like all the budget airlines, is different. They will put bags into a sizing box and if they don't fit it goes into the hold and it ain't going to be free; it's at the high walkup rate. They will only let you carry on what their policy says (it looks like it changed this year - now you need to pay a bit extra to carry on a full-size bag). As long as you think about what you're going to bring and either make sure it meets their rules or pay in advance (at a cheaper rate) for it to go in the hold then you will have a smooth and uneventful flight.

One more piece of advice; I suggest paying the extra charge (20E or so) for an up-front or extra-legroom seat so as to board first. Europeans aren't so great at queues and it's been our experience that the boarding line is only a line until the door opens, then its a bit of a scrum.

Posted by
4049 posts

As to reliability, one key factor in their business model is the quick turn-around of its jets once landed. They need to stick to their schedules to be profitable. As the old saying goes, no money can be made sitting on the ground. Airlines can't control the weather but easyJet hustles to turn the planes around after landing. That's one reason, for instance, that checking in bags at the gate instead of paying for them in advance will cost substantially more because the process is eating up time. Like the other posts say, read the Internet site carefully and satisfy its rules as much as possible on-line and well in advance.

Posted by
2965 posts

I too have flown on Easyjet multiple times and have had no problems.

Posted by
32809 posts

when you want a good search, the name of the airline is just one word - Easyjet.

If you make it two, the search engine will bring back searches that find either or both of the words easy and jet, but not always together for the name. Also, when you use the search facility here use the filters after the first return. So click on travel forums, and then click on the time window you are searching in. Usually six months and newer gives the most recent results, but since nobody was flying for 18 months, perhaps in these post covid (well not really post, but current) days widening the result will give you more of what you are looking for...

Also, April is a long way away, A lot can change these days in a very short amount of time...

Posted by
15 posts

We flew Easy Jet from Venice to Paris on July 19, 2021.

They are very serious about their baggage policy. If your bag doesn't fit into a small box they will apparently charge you a lot of money to check your bags at the gate. I paid extra for seats with overhead storage (a lot extra as I recall) and then in addition, we decided to take their warnings seriously and realized that two of our bags would NOT fit into the box so I checked them online for 50 Euros each!!! But they warned us it would be more if we let it happen at the gate. The flight was probably 97% full. We arrived 2 hours early for departure and it went very smoothly because we heeded the information they had sent us in regular emails before the flight.But it turned out to be expensive!