Please sign in to post.

Early Arrival in Paris

Hello - We are traveling to Paris in 2 weeks and our flight arrives at CDG at 9AM local time.
Our check in at the hotel is not until 3PM and was wondering if they have early check in (for extra $ of course) or at least a luggage drop off?
With this COVID business, we have not travelled in 2 years and not sure if these things have changed now.
Thanks for any information!
Lille

Posted by
27061 posts

I'd be shocked if a hotel of all but the smallest size didn't allow you to drop off your bags. Tiny places sometimes have someone on duty only during specified check-in/check-out hours, so it won't hurt to email the hotel to ask.

Posted by
830 posts

Ask the hotel now, request early check-in, but in my experience (pre covid) they can seldom give you the room until close to 3 pm - and hotels in France are struggling with staffing shortages just like here. You may get lucky if the hotel is not experiencing full occupancy...

They will let you leave your bags no matter what...I always have my phone on, and they can call you if the room opens up early.

Posted by
33 posts

Thank you, its a 6 story hotel with 100+ rooms, so I am sure you are right. its just been so long since we have travelled, lol!

Posted by
7808 posts

Yep always ask your hotel. The room may occupied and not be ready so they will be cleaning as others check out after breakfast.
There are certain chains like Ibis in Europe that have early checkin for a fee.

Posted by
1335 posts

Totally email the hotel and let them know that you're set to arrive early. Many will be happy to let you check in early...especially mom and pop places.

Posted by
8035 posts

We cancelled the first 10 days of our trip which was to begin with Chamonix and just are doing 5 weeks in Paris but before we did so, we had contacted our Chamonix hotel about early check in. They basically said they would note our request and provide it if possible; if it were not possible they would have secure luggage storage and we could use various amenities. Hotels can never guarantee early check in but will sometimes be able to do so if they are not heavily booked or if they have people who leave very early.

They can always take luggage early but I would want to know it was secure i.e. checked in . We have had situations where it is just set in a lobby corner and in those cases we ended up lugging our messenger bags with electronics and meds etc. If you arrive at 9, you probably arrive at the hotel at about 11 and there is some chance you might get lucky with early check in; if not, drop the stuff and go relax at a cafe or stroll in a nearby park.

Posted by
1368 posts

Just in case the stars are not aligned your hotel does not offer early check in nor luggage storage, there are luggage storage sites in Paris. You can search on google maps for Paris.

City Locker has at least 5 locations: https://www.citylocker.paris/en/

Enjoy your trip, I will be there in just over 6 weeks.

Posted by
11 posts

We simply book the night before and tell the hotel we will be checking in very early in the morning and it always work. Yes, it costs more but as get older it seems worth every penny. Getting in and taking a shower before setting out of the rest of the day allows us to get on French time in one day.