Please sign in to post.

Driver from Lyon to Beaune

We have two couples and would like to hire a van and a driver to take us from Lyon to Beaune with a couple of stops along the way including a wine tasting or two. We could just rent a car, but thought having a driver was a better choice if possible. Has anyone on this forum done this before? If the experience was good, do you have a recommendation for where we can find someone like this. By the way, we looked a little online and all of the services were high-priced limos or higher priced tour guides. We don't need anything fancy, just a driver with a van for about 4-5 hours.

Posted by
2545 posts

A one way limo, carrying 4 people and luggage, is not going to be any more expensive than would be someone with a van doing the same thing. You’re paying for his time, fuel, and vehicle in both directions (probably 200 km each way) as the driver will need to return to Lyon.

I should think that anywhere around 300€ to 400€ would be a fair price for what you are asking. If you have found someone less than that, I would hire him.

Posted by
2 posts

OK. Thanks. 300-400 Euros is reasonable but I was finding prices that were triple that. If you think I can find that, I will keep searching.