Please sign in to post.

Dordogne

I have been trying to find a small group tour of the Périgord to visit the small towns along the river (Sarlat, Domme, etc.) and see the cave art and chateaux. I wish RS offered one. Does anyone know of a tour, about a week long. I would prefer not to have to drive myself. A private tour or day trips are not what I want due to cost; plus I enjoy traveling with and meeting people. Thanks for any input.

Posted by
1660 posts

I did read your post about not driving and not wanting to do day trips, but in reality the best way to see what you want is by driving and doing day trips. Base yourself in the middle of what you want to see and do day trips. It is so much easier. The area you speak of is not that large and a group tour from village to village would be quite tiring packing and unpacking everyday.

Plus you can see two sites in one day with a nice lunch or picnic by a river in between. A car will give you flexibility along the way. A bus will just keep on driving past many interesting roadside points of interest.