Please sign in to post.

Dordogne

Missed a trip to the Dordogne this past April and have rescheduled it for May/June of 2021........fingers crossed......am planning on the same schedule and hotels, etc that we would have used this year. Interesting that we had planned a COVID SURVIVOR trip (we both had it and made it through!) to Switzerland next month that we had to cancel of course........when planned 3 months ago we had plans to fly to Zurich on FF Delta points.......and it was only taking 50,000 to go to Zurich from Nashville and back......in the replanning for May/June 2021 there was no way we could find anything from Nashville for those points.......now we are paying 70,000 points to fly to Paris and back next May from JFK.........we usually take Southwest to LaGuardia from Nashville and then Uber to JFK and fly from there.....lesser Delta FF points that way.........anyone else come upon any interesting travel scenarios like ours? Thanks!

Posted by
169 posts

I too am finding hotels I had booked or marked for our planned trip this past Spring are a good bit higher for 2021. In our case- we are not getting to a few until later into the season - but many we are actually trying to arrange for earlier (early May). Finding this across France (Lyon to Marseille) as well as Portugal and Greece. Am just now starting to check into flights - but a later return is going to cause sticker shock I'm thinking!

Posted by
9570 posts

I don’t know about flights, but I can imagine that European hotel prices are going up for U.S. visitors because the dollar is faring poorly against the euro these days . . .

Posted by
1550 posts

I'll be cancelling our scheduled upcoming flight to Munich at the last minute, holding out in the faint hope it will be cancelled by the airline. Looking at next spring, the flight is already 40% higher than I paid, and I've seen it as high as 65% more. My car rental is at least 60% more than I paid for the same amount of days. Apartment rentals have not increased significantly.