Please sign in to post.

Disneyland Paris

I am a confessing Disney freak and wondering if my husband and I should take the time to visit Disneyland Paris in September. We plan to be in France for at least two weeks, so we’re not rushed, and it wouldn’t be out of our way. We don’t need to stop in the city of Paris as we are headed to Normandy. Has anyone included this in your trip and did you feel it was worth it? Thanks!!

Posted by
6195 posts

I used to be a bit of a Disney freak, no longer! We did take a day out of our 8 nights in Paris to visit DLP and were happy that we did. This was in 2008. I thought it was the prettiest of all the parks I had seen (DLR, WDW). It was easy to get to from Paris, less $ than the parks here is US and we had a fantastic day. I think if you don't do it, you will always wish that you had.

The DLP forums on DIS board were very helpful to me at the time we visited.
https://www.disboards.com/forums/disneyland-paris-trip-planning-community-board.77/

Posted by
4910 posts

A fellow Disney freak here. Yes, by all means go to DLP. We've been there 3 or 4 times- usually as day trips from Paris, but once ( when we were living in Germany) staying onsite for 3 nights. Obviously we have enjoyed our times there. It's roughly the size and layout of Disneyland/Calfornia Adventure, but with enough differences to keep it interesting. You can hit most of the major attractions in one day, but need 2 to see it all. You'll likely find the hours shorter than WDW.

I agree that the Dis boards forum for DLP can be a good planning resource.

Posted by
1375 posts

I grew up at Disneyland, California. So when I was in Paris for my first time in 2014 I made a point to spend the day, only at the Disneyland Park itself. It was early October and not busy at all, compared to the one at home. A Britsh couple were complaining of the time in the Thunder Mountain line as being long, it was less than 20 minutes, I just chuckled. I really enjoyed the park. If you go, don't miss the dragon under Cinderella's Castle.

Posted by
9101 posts

Also be aware that Euro Disney has two different parks with separate admission:
Disneyland Paris which is the magic kingdom style park and Disney Studio Park which has more of the high-adrenaline rides Rockin Roller Coaster and the Tower of Terror.

Posted by
241 posts

This query made me go back into my journal and read about our day at the Paris parks, in late May of 2017. Thank you for the memories! Yes, do go! While you're looking for the aforementioned dragon (which we missed, darn), take time to explore the castle itself. In Florida it's pretty dull, but this one has an actual attraction inside, and it's quite lovely.

Near the beginning of that day's journal entry, if I may:

In North America, kings and castles, knights in shining armor and maidens fair are the stuff of fairy tales. For Europeans they are a real part of an intricately interwoven history, and in some cases, present reality. So it seemed to me that in order to respect and honor that history, and avoid offensive caricatures, Disney’s Imagineers would have had to give it their absolute best for this park. I think they succeeded.

Donna