Please sign in to post.

Dinner cruise on the Seine

Where and how to book river cruise

Posted by
11164 posts

Bateaux Mouches offers a dinner cruise. However, I suggest you have a nice dinner in a Parisian restaurant or bistro rather than tourist fare on a boat. After dinner take a Seine River Cruise with Bayeux Mouches or Bateaux Vedettes du Pont Neuf. The second company often has discount coupons on their website. Book on their websites or take your chances and just show up at dock.

Posted by
4858 posts

Agree with Suki with regard to having dinner elsewhere and then doing just a cruise. We've done cruises with both the companies she mentioned, and Vedettes du Pont Neuf is, in our opinion, much better. Try to take a cruise after sundown so you can see the city all lit up.

Posted by
187 posts

I concur! Just returned from Paris and did a night cruise with Bateaux Parisiens. Memorable way to enjoy the City of Lights!

Posted by
784 posts

We did a dinner cruise on Le Calife and enjoyed it very much. They prepare the food on board and it was very good, an "amuse bouche" and glass of champagne were included. You can book online, but the booking window is within 30 days of desired date. You select your food at time of booking. They have two or three different price levels. I believe we chose the middle priced one, and we had a nice table with good views. Prices are comparable to what you would pay at a nice un-starred restaurant. The mystery is how they match the food to the passengers, but service went without a hitch. The cruise is timed to pass the Eiffel Tower while it is twinkling. Seeing all of the buildings along the Seine lit up is magical. Was it worth It? I'd say definitely.