Please sign in to post.

Dentist in Paris?

Strange occurrence: my front bottom tooth fell out this morning while eating breakfast!

Anyone know a dentist or clinic that could see me for a temporary fix (I have the tooth)? Our hotelier is going to try but no guarantees that his dentist will see a new patient.

Thank you!!!

Rachel

Posted by
6895 posts

On a Sunday, try the "urgences dentaires" at Pitié-salpetriere hospital. Boulevard de l'hôpital. Good luck, and be swift!

Posted by
109 posts

Balso and Michael, thank you for your advice. I have decided to wait to see if our hotelier can get me into his dentist tomorrow (Monday) or Tuesday's, before we leave for Provence on Wednesday. He said that I would wait for hours at the urgencie, which is how it is at home. And I don
T want to spend all my time in Paris in the waiting room, if ii can avoid it, Also, I am not convinced that there is anything that can be done until I get home to my dentist.

But again, thank you for your kind advice and I will see what tomorrow brings. We managed to have a wonderful day at the musee d'orsay in any case.

Posted by
5697 posts

Bummer! I had a top front cap fall off in Paris a few years ago -- owner of the apartment got me in to see her dentist two days later. At that time the repair was €50 well spent (I still have the selfie I took showing the gap -- not a pretty way to travel.)

Posted by
109 posts

Agree, Laura - I am very self conscious 😳. But I have several possibilities for dental help, or I will just live with it til I get home. It makes eating baguettes difficult, which is also a bummer!

Posted by
109 posts

Just want to add a big HOORAY for this forum. Due to the kindness of strangers i.e. Two members of this forum whom I am not naming in case they want to remain anonymous, I went to an excellent dentist today who fixed my tooth and was very kind in addition. I feel so lucky to have been given this gift.

Fellow travelers, may we all be as kind and fortunate, and to the persons who helped me, merci encore!!! I wish I could give you both a big gift in return.

Rachel

Posted by
109 posts

Good question! 140 euros, while not cheap, is a bargain by US standards, no? I suspect the permanent replacement when I get home will run over a thousand...
AND I was out in time to get to the Van Gogh atelier show ☺️

Posted by
5697 posts

Glad you had success! Touring "disfigured" would have been no fun. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Posted by
731 posts

So glad it all worked out!

On a different note, how did you like the Van Gogh atelier show? That's on my list for when I'm in Paris in November.

Posted by
109 posts

Hi Dawn,

Here is what I wrote in my journal about the Van Gogh show at the atelier:
Great show and brought me to tears several times. They managed to zoom in on the paint strokes in a microscopic and granular way that really showed how he did it. My husband, a psychologist, pointed out that they recreated his internal process and visual hallucinatory experience, which I had not picked up on but I think is correct. Excellent music choices, which enhanced the emotion. I don't know how they chose the order they went in but I wish it had been chronological, pretty sure it wasn't. I felt so sad about the tragic life he led, his lack of success, and esp contrasted with his popularity now, which almost feels like a desecration.
All that said, I thought several times: I would rather be looking at the paintings directly. That's partly because we were standing the whole time and, this being July, it was quite crowded. But all in all, I recommend it if you like Van Gogh. Sorry if this was TMI 🤓

Posted by
9569 posts

So glad that this worked out for you!! Hooray for the anonymous helpers (not me!)!

Posted by
109 posts

Yessss, agreed!

FYI the name of the dentist is Stephan Brun, tel 0142366320,
Undentisteaparis.com
Hope no one needs him, but if you do, it's good to know.

Posted by
3951 posts

Glad to hear that you are able to travel on with a nice smile 😀. I have a question about the van Gogh experience you went to. We’ll be in Paris the second week of August and I’m wondering about the AC at that venue to know if I should purchase our tickets on a hot day. We plan to go and I see that there are still many tickets left but I’d like to minimize our weather misery by choosing the best AC venues for the hottest days. Good grief it’s come to that... I think our PTSD relates to being in Paris for a week in August of 2003.

Posted by
109 posts

Hi Mona, I am starting a new thread on this --call me OCD if you must but I don't want to keep going on about Van Gogh when the topic is dentist ☺️

Rachel