Please sign in to post.

Day Trips From Paris

The wife and I will be in Paris for 4 days in Late April. The last time we were there, we made two day trips...one to Reims and one to Compiegne. Both trips were very enjoyable.
Any suggestions for a day trip (by train) for our upcoming stay in Paris? Orleans? Chartres? Rouen?

Posted by
8035 posts

There are literally dozens of great day trips from Paris. You can see some we have done recently here:
http://janettravels.wordpress.com/category/day-trips-from-paris/ Of course there are the old warhorses like Chartres, Versailles and Giverny which are worth doing. And one I would particularly recommend is Auvers sur Oise where Van Gogh lived out his last days. Great day trip, lovely town.

Simms has a book called 'An Hour from Paris' which gives instructions for about 20 trips that are a bit less well known. We have used that to plan some of our trips and a few of those are in the photo journal cited above e.g. Rambouillet, Senlis, Crecy la Chapelle, Sceaux, Moret sur Loing, Ecouen.

I would stay within an hour of Paris; there is so much available that it is a shame to waste time on longer trips.