Please sign in to post.

Day trips from Nice

Hello,

I will be finishing up a great tour in Nice. I will have two full extra days to take day trips. I understand that Monaco needs a good one day to explore. However my other choices are Villefrance, Cap Ferrat, Antibes and Eze le Village. From what I have been reading in RS book, these villages can be toured 1/2 day. Has anyone done this? Which ones did you combine. I am so eager to see everything, haha, but I know that's crazy and I need to stop and enjoy. Any suggestions?

Thank you

Posted by
308 posts

We did day trips to Villefranche and Antibes but not the other towns you mentioned. Villefranche was lovely, I would give it a half day unless you want to to lay on the beach, then you could spend a whole day there. It has a nice beachfront. I loved Antibes, especially the farmer's market. The beaches there are lovely too but I felt there was more to do and see. Do try to hit the farmer's market when it is in town.

Posted by
79 posts

Last time we were in the area, we rented an apt in Villefranche. Besides the beach, there is a citadel worth exploring. I'd give it 1/2 a day. For day trips from Nice, you could easily walk around the Cap Ferrat pathway, and on the way back visit the villa Euphresis (sp?). That's what we did one day. Antibes is wonderful, though on the other side of Nice. We spent a couple of hours in Eze one afternoon, also.
These are small villages/towns. So, for one of your day trips, you could visit Monaco and the aquarium, and old town, see the palace, and watch the beautiful people. Or you could do Cap Ferrat, and the villa, and probably do Eze, too. Another day, you could head west and visit Antibes.

So much to do and see....we're heading back in late summer.

Enjoy

Posted by
4684 posts

You can only do all those places in one half day if the traffic is light, which in high season or at weekends is unlikely.