Please sign in to post.

Day Tours.

Love to hear from you.. my tour guides away from home.

Any suggestions for a full city tour and which company is the best to work with ?

A tour of the Louvre.. and the Eiffel Towers are a must.

Love to also visit /tour the Versailles..

We only have 3 days.. that's it !!!

Give me some of your valuable advise.

Ilene

Posted by
6788 posts

Do you have the Rick Steves book for Paris? That will have all the info you need to get the most out of these places.

Posted by
8049 posts

None of these things requires a Tour. Get tickets with reserved slots ahead of time on line. If you want a tour at the Louvre, they do have tours you can join on site. Check the web site for times of English language tours.

Posted by
13934 posts

Does one of your 3 days include your arrival day after your overnight flight from Canada? Four nights, right?

It will help to know when you are traveling as well.

For myself, I’d not spend the time on Versailles but you might choose to do so. The last time I went I spent a full day there and didn’t get thru all of the garden area. I left Paris on the RER train about 9 and returned about 7. If you just do the Palace it will take more than 1/2 a day.

As indicated there are tours of the Louvre you can sign up for at the museum. A walking tour company, Paris Walks, also does tours if their times coincide with the days you’re be there.

www.paris-walks.com

Posted by
20085 posts

As far as the Eiffel Tower goes, if this trip is in the near future, you probably missed your chance to buy advance timed entry tickets. If you don't want to spend a long time waiting for a walk-up entry. you might look at taking some kind of tour that includes it. I see Viator is showing several priority access pass packages for $50 to $75 US.
https://www.viator.com/Paris/d479-ttd

Posted by
10188 posts

Iris Amis is a Paris-based, French government-certified guide though she’s originally from the US. Iris is the person who created the original Chocolate Walk for Paris Walks. You can catch her on a part of the Paris episode of Globe Trekker under the name Iris Spencer, where she describes Marie Antoinette’s last ride in vivid detail while showing the landmarks. She’s a wealth of knowledge with a steady clientele. You can contact her at: dayinsummer@yahoo.com.

I understand your request for someone who can give you the most knowledge in a limited amount of time. I’ve done the same and found no guidebook can fill in as much as a well-educated guide due to lack of page space and the way we process information with human human interaction and the back-and -forth of questions and answers.

A private guide won’t be able to take you up the Eiffel Tower but can lead you below and around.
Good luck.

Posted by
32745 posts

Will this be for all dozen of you or are you splitting up for the sightseeing?

Posted by
784 posts

If you do decide to book tours, I suggest you book directly with the tour provider rather than with a broker/consolidator such as Viator. I can recommend Paris City Vision, which offers many tours in the city, as well as day trips. The advantage is that if there should be a snafu in the booking, you are more likely to get satisfactory resolution from the operator than from a third party. http:www.pariscityvision.com