Please sign in to post.

D-Day Tours

Suggestions for American tour guide in Normandy? I'm taking my 85 year old dad to Normandy. He didn't serve in WWII himself but was friends with guys who were involved in D-Day. We would like an American style tour guide to give us stories and personal accounts of what happened that day in 1945. We have 1 full day available for this tour

Posted by
32202 posts

Are you planning to stay at least one night in Bayeux?

There are many D-Day guides in Normandy. Are you planning a private tour or a group tour?

A few that you could consider......

You'll have to contact each one to determine pricing and availabilty.

Posted by
14992 posts

I took a one day tour with Overlord and the guide was one of the best I've ever exerienced. It was a group tour. You could also book a private tour through them if you preferred that.

If you are not planning on staying in Bayeux, then a private tour might be the answer. They would meet you at the train station in Bayeux and drop you off there at the end. (Assuming you're staying in Paris or somewhere else not too far.)

Posted by
172 posts

OVERLORD TOUR IS FANTASTIC, do the all day tour. It was fascinating and not tiring, thinking of your Dad. A nice van, only 4 of us on the tour.

Posted by
4044 posts

Some tours will look at the British/Canadian beach Juno, and subsequent tank battles around Caen, as well as the American landings.