➜ Please critique my 2015 France itinerary.
0: Leave USA
1: Arrive Paris and sleep Rouen
5: Mont St-Michel
16: Fly to USA
In planning our trip our priorities were
(1) Spend first two nights in a small-ish town close to where we landed (we’ve found this works best for us in acclimating ourselves to a new country/ time zone)
(2) Full day tour of D Day beaches and sites
(3) 4 nights, 3 days to explore Dordogne region
(4) Sufficient time in Paris to see major sites, and take at least one cooking class
We plan to do most of this itinerary by train. Day 6 will be a long train day departing from Rennes, and arriving in Brive, where we will rent a car for our time in Dordogne. Hubby is not fond of spending too much time driving while on “vacation” so the concession was to get the car where it was needed the most.
➜ The earliest train arrives in Brive just before 6pm. Will I be able to pick up a rental car this late in the day?
➜ If not, what is the best option?
• Bus or taxi to Sarlat and rent the car in Sarlat
• Take the train from Rennes to Sarlat which adds 2 hr. time for + €12 and rent the car in Sarlat
All comments are appreciated…if something looks totally screwed up just say so!