Please sign in to post.

Corsica

Hello to all you beautiful travelers,

We are on the RS Best of Tuscany tour for next spring and then are renting a house in Sardinia for a week and also want to rent a place in Corsica after Sardinia. My question for those who have been there: what is your favorite spot in Corsica to stay and what have been the highlights of your visit?

Thanks for any information!

Posted by
3122 posts

Basically I'm replying to "up" your post, as I've never been to Corsica. But didn't James Taylor spend some time there back in the 60s and refer to this in his song "Carolina In My Mind" ("Karin, she's a silver sun...")?

https://www.songfacts.com/facts/james-taylor/carolina-in-my-mind Oops, no, according to this it was Formentera, one of Spain's Belearic Islands. But at a live concert I remember James Taylor mentioning Corsica from that summer.

Posted by
7260 posts

I can't claim to know the entire island, but the area around Bonifacio (stunning clifftop town) and Porto Vecchio (excellent beaches nearby - Santa Guilia, Palombaggia) is a great spot. There are frequent ferry connections to Bonifacio from the northern tip of Sardinia, but I wonder about the logistics without your own car...
Logistics would be easier with the less-frequent ferry from Porto Torres to Ajaccio (drop the Sardinian rental car in the former, get a new one in the latter) and the coast north of Ajaccio is also amazing, especially around Cargese, Piana, Porto.
If you prefer mountains, Corsica has plenty of those too. I hear great things about Bavella but I have never been.

Posted by
35 posts

Thanks for your replies! SO much to see and do in both Sardinia and Corsica.