Please sign in to post.

Cooking class in Paris

Hello all.

I'm looking for recommendations for a cooking class while in Paris. I'd say my skill level is around moderate. The facility in particular I'm looking at is La Cuisine Paris. The class seems a little pricey, but I'm willing to pay for it if it's helpful and fun!

Thanks in advance.

Posted by
784 posts

I did the morning market class at La Cuisine Paris and can recommend it. It was a lot of fun, hands on, and we ate the results for lunch. The cost includes the food, which we bought at the market, as well as wine and cheese.

Another option is Cookin' with Class, which is very similar. I did the evening dinner class there - no market experience, but they also have a morning market class.

I can reccommend both, though I think the former is more centrally located on the Right Bank across from Notre Dame. The later is in Montmartre.

Posted by
8293 posts

The department stores, Galeries Lafayette and Printemps both offer cooking lessons (or should I say demonstrations). Go to their websites for further info. I think the cost might be more reasonable. Have no personal experience but one day I will try one or the other. NB. The Printemps location is the one at Place de la Nation. On Saturdays across from the store on Cours de Vincennes there is an excellent market in the morning. No tourists, only you.

Posted by
681 posts

Emily,

I've taken three cooking classes and one market tour with La Cuisine Paris and I thought they were all great. They were pricey (although not out of line with others I've seen), but the class sizes were small and the classes were very much a hands-on experience. On top of that, they were quite fun. I'm signed up for three more of their classes in June.

Posted by
308 posts

Hi,
I took a group cooking class with aworldinapan.com with Marie. She lives in a pretty residential area of Paris where there are barely any tourists. She takes you to her local market, you pick the ingredients and off to her personal kitchen you go to make a nice lunch and then eat in the dining room over wine and conversation. We did the class with a nice group from Australia. It was very fun and intimate.

Posted by
20 posts

I've done classes with both La Cuisine (eclairs class) and Cook'n with Class (morning market class and French bistro desserts class). While the experiences were different, both were quite good. La Cuisine is located near L'Hotel de Ville and Cook'n with Class is in Montmartre. I did the

I cook for a living and have attended culinary school and worked in professional kitchens. I learned tricks and tips from each of the classes. I also had a complete blast in every class. If you enjoy food and cooking, you should definitely take one of the classes. It's a wonderful experience.

I'm happy to answer any questions or provide any additional info.