Please sign in to post.

Cooking Class

This will be my husband's and my 2nd trip to Paris. We would like to take a cooking class that includes a market visit and would like to know what people on the forum have done and which company they liked the best. We will be staying in the Saint Germaine area, but it really doesn't matter what part of Paris, we're happy to go anywhere on the metro. Thanks!

Julie

Posted by
117 posts

By all means. Go see Chef Fred at Le Foodist. I did his morning market visit and cooking class. It was the highlight of my 3rd visit to Paris. It is on Cardinal Lamoine in the Latin Quarter about 8 minute walk from Notre Dame. Started at 9 and we visited first and discussed the days activities, then we walked to the markets and picked up some of the supplies,(I think it was the Markets on Bd St. Germain). Next, we returned and prepared our meal with Chef Fred's skilled guidance. Finally, we sat down to a lovely lunch that we had prepared. All this was accompanied by a lot of good wine. I can't believe the interesting techniques that Chef Fred taught us. Google Le Foodist Paris

Posted by
3656 posts

Sur la Table has cooking classes in Paris?

There is a company in the 18th named Cook'n with Class that I almost did not use because I find the name so annoying. Anyway, good thing that I was not too petty to try them. The class cost 195€ and was quite good and the "market" that was visited are the shops etc. near Place Jules Joffrin. There were 7 people in the class and the limit is 8. I have heard of another market-visit class for the same price that I have not tried yet with Charlotte Puckette. That class is limited to 6 people and starts from a market in the 7th, Saxe-Breteuil or Grenelle (I think), and is probably easier for you to get to from Saint Germain.

Posted by
64 posts

My husband and I did a market & cooking class with Cook'n with Class last November. We had 6 people plus Chef Patrick. We had a lot of fun walking through the market and helping to prepare the meal. Well, worth the money!

Posted by
2281 posts

hey gigi and pops
lacuisineparis.com (click cooking classes, scroll down to market and classes, check the calendar, they do fill up)
cooknwithclass.com
lefoodist.com
cookly.me
patisseriealacarte.com
amourencuisine.com
francetatste.com
enjoy your time and have fun cooking.
aloha