Please sign in to post.

Collioure in the fall

I notice that you include "Collioure" in the France 2017 edition of your travel book. Because Collioure appears to be a beach resort, it is advisable as well to visit Collioure during the months of October, November or December. I'm not exactly sure of our dates but I would appreciate info concerning my listed months. Thank you as usual.

Posted by
105 posts

My mistake. I'm asking if Collioure is a great town to visit during the fall months.

Posted by
784 posts

I would say yes. It is almost as far south in France as you can get, being just 6 miles from the Spanish border. I have been there in September, and would guess that it would be very pleasant in October and November, though there is always a chance a storm could blow through.

Posted by
2187 posts

Yes, we were there in late October 2013 and it was fine - a little cool and occasionally windy but certainly worth visiting at that time of year.

Posted by
3 posts

I live near Collioure and sept/oct are my favourite times of the year hear. It is generally still very warm, the crowds have gone and the light is spectacular. This is also the period of harvesting the wine and much of the local produce. The locals are happy as the seasonal work begins to calme down a bit creating a very jovial atmosphere.

November is still sunny but cooler and sometimes we gat a cold snap at the end of november as we have done the last 2 years, with temperatures dropping to 10C, however this only lasted 2-3days before returning to the 18-22C range.

Posted by
3391 posts

Coullioure has a beach but I wouldn't really call it a beach resort. It's a beautiful, old seaside town with charming buildings, a fortress on the hill, and nice little lanes and alleys to wander. I would love to be there in the fall! Cooler weather, far fewer tourists, and relaxing.

Posted by
782 posts

I stayed in Collioure in 2010 in late April and really enjoyed the town and there are vinyards and wineries close by.
Mike