Please sign in to post.
Posted by
313 posts

The website clearly states the following:

“Tuileries Garden Christmas Market Opening Hours & Dates
Opening Hours: Monday-Thursday: 11am-11pm; Friday-Saturday: 11am-12:45am; Sunday: 11am-11:45pm; Christmas and New Year's Eve: 11am-9pm “

Posted by
6901 posts

Tuileries market is the largest and you are very likely to pass by if the Louvre or Orsay are on your route.
There is also a small market in St Germain des Prés, worth a look if you are close by. Typically just 20-ish stands, but more interesting crafts than at Tuileries.

Posted by
160 posts

I am at the airport now after being in Paris for a month. Went to every Christmas Market that it was possible to go to. Tuilleres was the biggest so far. I went to Saint Germain last night and there were only about eight vendors. LaDefense was pretty good as well. If I can make a recommendation – – the lights at Galleries Lafayette were stupendous! The decoration at the cupola was beyond belief-- the most incredible thing I have ever seen. if you can get tickets for the glasswalk at GL Incourage you to do so.

Posted by
51 posts

Another vote for les Galeries Lafayette. Make sure to go inside the stores. When we were there in 2019 they had an upsidedown huge Christmas tree. Just going inside hotels to see the decorations is worthwhile. Paris is not known for great Christmas markets (however, Strasbourg is!!)

Posted by
78 posts

Hi all! If I only have time to visit one Christmas market in Paris, what would you recommend?

Thanks!

Posted by
6901 posts

I passed by the St Germain des Prés market this year and it was especially small and uninteresting. My recommendation based on previous years no longer stands! Tuileries is a bit tacky, but at least it is fun. More of a funfair than a real Christmas market, after all it is was initially organized by the same people who organize funfairs around Paris (foire du Trône, fête à Neu-Neu, etc.)

Posted by
15 posts

I just returned from Paris last week. The Tuileries Market is like a fair with many rides and mostly food and wine stands. It was quite crowded, even in the rain. The market at La Defense had more crafts and no rides. It is right off the Metro line 1 (end of the line). And The Galleries Lafayette windows and interiors are amazing. Don't forget the Bon Marche!