Please sign in to post.

Christmas Day in Paris

My husband and I will be in Paris the week of Christmas. I understand there are some things to do, not everything is closed. I would like some dinner ideas though. $$ to $$$
Thank you.

Posted by
8293 posts

There is a website “Things to do in Paris on Christmas Day”. That should help. The Jacquemart-Andre Museum is open every day of the year, or you could always visit the Pere Lachaise cemetery. There are also Christmas Day Tours you can search for.

Posted by
3161 posts

Very few restaurants are open on Christmas Day. A few years ago on the RS Christmas week in Paris, we stayed in a wonderful hotel in the Bastille area. As a Christmas treat, we dined at elegant Le Tren Bleu in the Gare de Lyon. A belle epoch restaurant that, indeed, was quite special.

Posted by
1336 posts

Worry not...there are options! The Centre Pompiodu is also open along with their restaurant Georges.
Two years ago I did the Bustronome gourmet bus and it was a Christmas to remember. I will be there again this Christmas.

Posted by
9 posts

I would recommend making your dinner reservations now.

I live in Paris (I’m American), and I’m always surprised at the boarded-up appearance the city has during the Christmas/New Year’s holiday season compared to the U.S.!

Posted by
2545 posts

I live in Paris (I’m American), and I’m always surprised at the boarded-up appearance the city has during the Christmas/New Year’s holiday season compared to the U.S.!

I might speculate that you have never spent Christmas day in London as by comparison, Paris is a flurry of activity. Paris has restaurants open as well as a few museums and cinémas. It´s probably too early to reserve for dinner but you should have a number of restaurants from which to choose. Restaurants in Paris which are historically open on Christmas:

la Fermette Marbeuf

le Pied de Cochon

la Lorraine

le Grand Café Capucines

Au petit Marguery

le Train Bleu

Posted by
8293 posts

I learned recently that La Fermette Marbeuf has closed down permanently.

Posted by
1005 posts

You might consider renting an apartment with a kitchen and preparing Christmas dinner at home. Even if you go out for dinner, be sure to stock up on groceries before Christmas, as nearly everything is closed.