Please sign in to post.

Charles De Gaulle airport

My wife and I will be exploring France the last week in August and first week in September. I like to stay at the airport the night before we leave. Could you suggest a hotel that is near the train station at the airport, or a hotel that has a shuttle service from the train station? i assume that all of the hotels have shuttle service to the airport. Thanks.

Posted by
89 posts

We stayed the night at the Sheraton the night before our early flight home. It was right in the terminal where our flight was leaving that next morning (British Airways). It was nice to not even have to use a shuttle or train to get there.

Posted by
23269 posts

....i assume that all of the hotels have shuttle service to the airport. .... That is not a safe assumption. Double check to be sure. Many hotels do not offer shuttle service and sometimes, if they do, it is on a rigid fixed schedule and many not be free.

Posted by
6510 posts

As noted above, there are several big hotels right in the airport. The Ibis worked fine for us. There are also a lot of hotels in the nearby town of Roissy, many (maybe all) with a shuttle service. I'm sure most are fine places to stay, but I'd hesitate to rely on a shuttle away from the airport when there are so many choices right in, or next to, the terminals.

Posted by
8060 posts

Stay AT not NEAR the airport. We have stayed at the Hilton and the Novotel right on the airport grounds with access by intra airport shuttle that runs continuously. The Sheraton and Ibis also have hotels right on the airport grounds. You don't want a place in Roisy where you have to depend on a shuttle that may be full when it gets to you or not run at all.

Posted by
798 posts

We have stayed at the Ibis Paris CDG Airport a number of times and found it met all of our needs quite well for a reasonable price considering its excellent location. The rooms are small, modern and spotless. My wife says it is like cabin on someone's yacht. It is only a couple hundred feet to the free shuttle train to Terminal 2 which runs every few minutes.

Posted by
381 posts

Another vote for Ibis. Nothing fancy but clean and so convenient. I don't know about others but we usually do not sleep well the night before we fly out early the next morning!!

Posted by
672 posts

Stayed two nights at the Sheraton this past May. It is an excellent hotel and the rooms are huge and very clean, quiet, and comfortable. Ate two dinners at the hotel restaurant and the food was outstanding. The only downside is that it is a bit pricey. But you can't beat its convenient location for either catching the TGV (which we took to Reims) or a flight out of Terminal 2E (which we did a few days later). Would definitely recommend it if you wish to stay at CDG Airport.