Please sign in to post.

Charles De Gaulle Airport

We are traveling to France in July. Flying back to US Aug 3 and will be driving to CDG to return rent car and spend night at hotel with easy access to airport, shuttle or walking distance.

Looking for recommendations.

Thank you

Posted by
8049 posts

FWIW. I would drop the car late morning and check into the hotel and then take the train into Paris for your last evening and dinner. You can have a nice romantic stroll around Notre Dame, one of earth's great sights at night and then take the train back to the airport for a good night's sleep and leisurely morning before boarding; the options for dinner AT the airport where you need to be are dismal. We have stayed at the Novotel which we liked and it is adjacent to the RER station. in the morning we just got on the intra airport continuous transport and rode to our terminal. Get a hotel AT not NEAR the airport. You don't want to have to deal with overfilled shuttles with no room for you in the morning etc. Be AT the airport. There is a Sheraton and Hilton and an Ibis I am aware of in addition to the Novotel. There might be a couple of others. We once pricelined the Hilton for a good price.

Posted by
2544 posts

I recommend any of the hotels at the airport: Sheraton, Ibis, Ibis Styles, Hilton, Holiday Inn Express, Pullman, Novotel, Murcure.

Some of these hotels have nearby locations but I would stay at the airport locations. All but the Sheraton are connected by the free rail shuttle CDGVAL. The Sheraton is in terminal 2.

Posted by
11 posts

Last year my kids and I stayed at the Sheraton inside the terminal. We had a morning flight after 6 weeks in Europe and had acquired extra luggage, etc. We needed to check in for our morning flight at 6:30am so I didn't want to deal with any inconvenience. The Sheraton was overpriced but an excellent choice for convenience. The next morning was seamless and the easiest CDG flight experience I have ever had. Even with two exhausted teens and extra luggage.