Please sign in to post.

Charles De Gaulle

Are there any arrondissements near Charles de Gaulle? We have an early flight and don’t want to stay at the airport.

Posted by
11161 posts

No, all are within Paris. Get an early taxi to the airport or stay at one of many
Hotels at CDG.

Posted by
2546 posts

Depending upon from where you depart Paris and at what time in the morning, CDG by car can take from 30 minutes to over 1 hour. You should be at the airport 3 hours before scheduled departure for transatlantic flights or about 2 hours in advance for domestic/EU/Schengen departures.

There are a number of hotels on the airport with free rail shuttle service to any of the terminals.

Posted by
183 posts

Stay at the airport. The IBIS is convenient to terminal 2 and you wont regret missing the very early commute out to the airport.

Posted by
1321 posts

Definitely stay at the airport the train is super easy. We did Ibis last time I might chose another next time.

Posted by
6522 posts

If you really don't want to stay at the airport, the nearby town of Roissy has numerous hotels with shuttles. I have no experience with any of them, or the town, but it could be an option for you. I've read reports of shuttle overcrowding and delays getting to morning flights, but presumably those aren't typical. My own choice would be one of the several good places at the airport itself.

Posted by
10201 posts

We’ve had experience with the shuttles from the other hotel areas and wouldn’t choose to depend on the shuttle again. You wait and wait but it shows up full. The one bus serves several hotels owned by the same chain.

Posted by
4049 posts

Further to hotels at the airport's home village of Roissy, there's very little to do, or places to eat except for all the chain hotels. In my single visit I thought the food prices were a bit higher and the accommodations slightly cheaper than downtown Paris. The shuttle was painless; I was at a hotel run by the giant Accor chain (an Ibis) and its shuttle served several places so was fairly frequent for the short ride. At that time they went to the top of Terminal 2 but things might have changed since then. However, some hotel branches are located further away, nearer the convention centre for instance, which would not seem to be as convenient.