Please sign in to post.

Chantilly

In November on.iur way back from Morocco as my Parents and will have already been in Paris I suggested we spend 4 nights in Chantilly and one night by the Airport. I found a nice AirBnb close to the main road and a ten minute walk to the Castle.

While I know many people do this as a day trip I wanted to do something opposite. Call me adventurous but it is what it is.

We fly into Orly so I am considering Uber from there to Chantilly and then Uber to our hotel Novotel Suites in Villpoint.

Do you have any restaurant recommendations,boulangerie recommendations and a good Supermarket near the main road as well as picnic spot if this weather is good.

Any tips for 4 nights would be great. We also are planning what Rick suggests just resting after our intense trip to Morocco.

Thanks

Posted by
2475 posts

Sounds good to me - I spent 3 nights in Chantilly last October, and enjoyed it very much. Visited the Chateau, the Horse Museum, the Potager des Princes, and the Pavilion de Manse (and wandered along the associated canals). I hope you enjoy it too.

Posted by
7020 posts

Hi!
I'll just comment on your airport hotel choice: you chose one that requires a shuttle to the airport, and it's not super close. It would be more convenient to pick a hotel within the airport area, at one of the automatic train stops. Examples include: Citizen M, Ibis Styles Paris Charles de Gaulle, Holiday Inn Express.

Posted by
226 posts

Thanks for your replies. We can easily take an Uber to the airport. In Chantilly I want to know good restaurants,bakeries etc.

Posted by
226 posts

I found a better AirBnb house with a view of the canal just off the main street it was $170 more. The other place did not have windows in the 2nd bedroom and this house had it all.

While Chantilly can be a Day trip from Pars I wanted to do something different. At CDG I switched us to the Zenzitude Hotel former Crown Plaza in a Studio Suite. It has an indoor pool.

Overall doing something different than the guidebooks suggest can be interesting. Early November should be quiet with little to no Tourists.

Posted by
7020 posts

Definitely visit Senlis while you're out there in Chantilly!

Posted by
226 posts

Thanks. What's the best way to Senlis? I guess staying in Chantilly is better than Senlis with regards to restaurants and sites? Is there a bus around Chantilly?

Is there a good Supermarket by Rue Connectable?.

We found a really nice 2 bedroom AirBnb a 20 minute walk to the castle on Rue de la Cascades just a block off the main road Rue de Connectable.

Posted by
7020 posts

There are buses from Chantilly to Senlis and back. Line 645, check out details here: https://www.chantilly-senlis-tourisme.com/
That Airbnb location looks perfect for Chantillly. Close to the station, and there's apparently a small Auchan supermarket according to Google Maps.