Please sign in to post.
Posted by
305 posts

Too little info. From where to where? What airlines? What dates and times?

Posted by
17915 posts

Wed, Jul 5
Air France

12:15 PM Budapest Airport (BUD)
Travel time: 2 hr 25 min
2:40 PM Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG)

4:45 PM Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG)
Travel time: 8 hr 25 min
7:10 PM Dulles International Airport (IAD)

And I need a cheap hotel recommendation for York, PA

Posted by
6308 posts

Well, it's definitely faster going from a Schengen country to a non-Schengen country at CDG, so you should be fine. I think I got through in 30-40 minutes as opposed to the 75 minutes it took me on the initial trip (from MSP to CDG).

ETA: After I posted this, I looked at your post again. It looks like your flight is going from the US to CDG but it's in reverse order; hence my confusion. If so, you should still be fine but it will probably be tighter. I made it last time in one hour and 15 minutes and I was not rushing that much, since I had a 7+ hour layover.

Just make sure that you have your 3-1-1 items in a clear zip lock bag; otherwise you will be held up because they will make you move your items to the zip lock they give you when you go through security. And move quickly - don't make any stops, if possible, until you get through passport control and security.

Posted by
10189 posts

Should be no problem. I changed there coming back from Armenia and also at times from Nice or Montpellier.

Posted by
8054 posts

I had a 90 minute connection for May and then the first flight changed making it a 60 minute connection. I started to track the first flight's on time record and saw that they were late about half the time. I changed flights and have now close to two hours in AMsterdam for my transfer and while my first flight is also often late, so far it hasn't been so late that I don't have at least 90 minutes to transfer.

60 minutes is enough -- the question is 'can I count on it actually being 60 minutes?' Two hours gives you that cushion so that even if your plane is half an hour late, you will have 90 and that should be plenty. Mine was a Berlin/CDG/ORD flight so the opposite direction.

You of course don't go through the regular immigration process, you follow the lines for 'correspondence' which has its own immigration stations.

Posted by
17915 posts

Sort of why I asked. When I was younger I did a lot of 1 hour connections and things are no worse now. I have only gone through CDG a few times and hate it. But always had 3 or more hours. I'm just whining, I have no options.