Please sign in to post.

Chamonix, France

Recommendations on a nice/reasonable B&B

Posted by
26 posts

I don't know about a B&B, but we just returned from Chamonix & rented an apartment through Mountain Base: http://www.mountain-base.com/. They were great to work with and our apartment was clean and 'as advertised.' The one weird thing was, there was /one/ roll of toilet paper in the bathroom. When we were running low we realized there were no more rolls in the flat. Upon contacting them, we were told they provide the one roll only! After that, we had to provide. Don't know if this is normal in France, but we got a kick out of it!

Enjoy your time in Chamonix. We had a wonderful time there.

Posted by
111 posts

We stayed at the Hotel Hermitage (www.hermitage-paccard.com) in 2014, and though it's not a true B&B, they treated us like it was. I would highly recommend it.
Chamonix is magical. I hope you are able to take some if not most of the hikes in the area.

Posted by
32198 posts

Hopefully the hotels in Chamonix don't follow the same practice regarding bath tissue :-)

Posted by
2123 posts

Hi Jean, we stayed at the Hotel de l'Arve a few weeks ago & highly recommend it. Location was great & the staff very helpful. Great breakfast. Hope you enjoy your time in Chamonix... we did!