Please sign in to post.

Chamonix

My wife and I plan to visit Chamonix in September. Do you have hotel recommendations?

Posted by
4890 posts

We stayed at Hotel de l'arve several years ago and were quite pleased. Right in the heart of everything so getting about on foot is not a problem. Reasonable cost and very good breakfast.

Posted by
2405 posts

Hotel de l'arve was where my Rick Steves tour stayed in Chamonix. It stood out as one of my favorite tour hotels. Great location, nice outdoor area with view, comfortable room, and one of the better breakfast buffets.

I rarely remember so many details, so it must have been good.

Posted by
2724 posts

In April, I stayed at Le Genepy – Appart’hotel de Charme. It has two bedrooms and two bathrooms and includes breakfast. We were very happy with it. The view was not worth paying extra for though.

Posted by
55 posts

Are you aware that the UTMB trail run event will be happening in early September? - it will be extremely busy.

Posted by
286 posts

Glad to hear positive reviews on L’Arve as we will be staying there in July based on reviews on Other sites.

Posted by
89 posts

On our RS My way alpine tour we stayed at Hotel L’Arve for 2 nights. I concur that the location was great, but it wasn’t necessary my favorite hotel of the trip. We had a very odd shaped room and bathroom which impaired functionality, felt that the furnishings were a bit dated, and the breakfast buffet did not seem to get restocked if you were a late riser. We booked an additional 2 nights post tour directly next door at the Hotel Alpina Eclectic (139E/nt superior balcony with mountain view, Incl breakfast). We booked direct with a senior discount. Our room very very modern and spacious, and the hotel had many extra facilities like a spa room and massage bookings that could be utilized. We unfortunately missed breakfast both mornings we stayed, so I don’t have a review of that. If I were in Chamonix again I would stay at the Alpina Eclectic over the Hotel L’Arve.