Please sign in to post.

CDG train station

Hello--my family will be arriving at CDG to then catch a train to Strasbourg. I have not been to CDG before--is it pretty easy to get to the train station? Any tips if something is confusing? TIA.

Posted by
4051 posts

CdG is a complex of buildings and services which you need to research in advance to ease your transfer. Of the on-line aids, this is a useful one:
https://easycdg.com/
Based on recent experience, I recommend understanding the automated shuttle, CDGVAL, connecting the various terminals. One hint: Illogically, the three main terminals are numbered One, Three, Two.

Posted by
9607 posts

And Two has eight or nine (or more!) individual buildings

But really when coming out into any terminal, you will see signage directing you to the trains. You just have to follow the signs.

Posted by
6914 posts

Usual guidance is to allow 2.5-3 hours between your scheduled landing time and your train departure time from CDG. If the flight is on time, immigration is smooth, and luggage claim is quick, 1.5-2 hours is technically enough but it is better to have a buffer since last-minute changes to train tickets are not free (and not always possible as they remain subject to availability).

Posted by
1825 posts

I tried this for the first time last September. I was really nervous about it, but it worked well and was so easy. The shuttle was the hard part.

Posted by
3707 posts

If you are catching the train to Strasbourg from the airport (which is what I think you should do), go to https://www.parisaeroport.fr/en/passengers/access/paris-charles-de-gaulle/train, the official site of the airport. There you can find instructions to get from each terminal to the long-distance train station when you scroll down to "Getting to the SNCF railway station from your terminal." And yes, it's pretty easy assuming you read and follow the signs. That last part is key -- the last time I landed in CDG, while waiting for my luggage, there was a woman loudly complaining about how there were no toilets and she was standing beneath a sign pointing to the toilets.
If you are planning to go to Paris for the train then the Les Frenchies links above are very useful.