Please sign in to post.

CDG to Beaune

Hi! I'll be traveling from CDG to Beaune for my first time in France. Our flight lands at 11:10am: is it realistic to book tickets for the 12:04 train? Or should I wait for the 2:01pm train? Are the train tickets transferrable if you miss the departure from a flight delay?

Also, any tips for a winery bike tour in Beaune would be greatly appreciated :)

Merci!

Posted by
6282 posts

I think the rick steves guidebook has some recommended winery bike tours.

Honestly, I wouldn't prebook a train. I'd buy the ticket when you arrive. Air travel is too unpredictable.

Posted by
8431 posts

Coming from the US to CDG you would miss that train most of the time. On my last 3 flights from Chicago to CDG I would have missed it every time -- and in fact would have been lucky to make the later train last fall since that flight was two hours late getting in -- I might have barely made as immigration was faster that trip. I would not be at all unusual to be in immigration for an hour -- took us 90 minutes spring a year ago. It is not predictable, but less than an hour -- pretty close to zero chance

Posted by
7255 posts

Just to make sure: you are talking about a 2:01 departure from CDG TGV station, right? If so then yes, it is late enough.

Posted by
4 posts

It would be tight time wise. If you are not checking bags it may be possible, but it’s risky.

There are two bike trails which start in Beaune. You can rent bikes and follow the trails. Not sure if a guide is necessary.