Please sign in to post.

CDG to Bayeux

Can one board a train at CDG to Bayeux or must one depart from Lazare?

Posted by
8889 posts

Yes, trains to Bayeux depart from Paris Gare St Lazare. From Charles de Gaulle airport you need to get the RER line B and then line E to Gare St Lazare.

Posted by
6497 posts

Yes, you have to get to Gare St-Lazare in Paris, where there are frequent trains to Bayeux. The RER from CDG to Gare du Nord, and Metro to Gare St-Lazare, or, if there are several of you with luggage, a taxi right to St-Lazare would be easier and not much more expensive.

Posted by
467 posts

We took a taxi after our flight to the station two years ago. With luggage & two over tired teens we thought it was the best option. We had a long wait at the station but it had a mall there. Enjoy!

Posted by
129 posts

Aside from getting discount by reserving train from Paris to Bayeux early, is it wise to reserve a seat ie; the train gets fully booked so no spaces available? I plan to arrive at CDG and go directly to the train station. Posters have said best to allow four hous, just thinking if no reservation needed and I get there faster, would be nice to get onto earlier train. Appreciate your advice!

Posted by
768 posts

I'd recommend the taxi from CDG to Gare St. Lazare. The signage at Gare du Nord is Very poor, and even though I've taken the Metro for years, that walk thru Gare du Nord frustrated me.

Posted by
1136 posts

Another option if there are only one or two of you is to take the Roissy Bus to the Opera Garnier. The bus leaves CDG right outside of the arrivals, and drops yiu a pleasant 7-minute walk to Saint Lazare. For my money and time it is much preferable to tunneling under the city and having to change RER to Metro. I believe it is only €11/pp. However, if there are a three or more of you, or you carry tons of luggage, a taxi is probably the better option.