Please sign in to post.

CDG-Connecting Flights

Hello!
Traveling 12)12/2923, 11:00am flight out of Luxembourg landing CDG at 12:00pm Terminal G and need to be on connecting 1:10pm flight out of Terminal E. I'm concerned I may miss my connecting flight having to go through security and passport control. Had anyone done this successfully on the Air France/Luxair flight referenced? Any tips other than RUN? Thanks so much!

Posted by
11197 posts

Next question-- is it all one ticket?

Posted by
13 posts

Hello,
I looked at both of those links and the recommendation is 90 minutes when traveling between 2 terminals. I have looked at other travel forums where travelers have made connecting flights between those two particular terminals but the information was 10 years old!
Yes, all on one ticket. Thinking of contacting Luxair to get on the 7:30am flight out of Luxembourg, collecting my bags and then going back through. Not sure if catching an earlier flight, my luggage will make it for the connecting flight?

Posted by
4891 posts

If your 2 returning flights are on one ticket, why would you retrieve your bags in Paris? And how would you even go about doing that- they would be tagged through to your final destination. You're over thinking that part of it. But if you can rebook to an earlier flight at little or no extra cost, then for piece of mind do it.

Posted by
11197 posts

If it is one ticket your bags should be checked to SEA when you board in LUX.

The earlier flight may be the better solution. Otherwise be sure you have your car keys and house key in your carry on in case you make the 70 min transfer and the bags don't. :-)

Posted by
13991 posts

I would definitely see if you can change to the earlier flight out of Luxembourg.

Posted by
13 posts

In looking for an earlier return flight, it's Luxair and Delta. The last time I booked a flight that was Air France departing and Delta on the return to the US, they changed my seat assignment 4 times resulting in 4+ hours on the phone so they could "fix" the seat assignment. I had paid additional fee for seats at the bulkhead/door to accommodate additional leg room. The seat changes were always at the very back of the plane, another call to customer service, paying the additional fee again. In the end, same thing happened. In route to CDG and receive notification our seats changed again, it was an absolute nightmare. Family was scattered throughout the plane in none of the seats we paid additional fee for. To avoid this, I'm willing to purchase a 1 way ticket from Luxembourg to CDG on an earlier flight. Will this be problematic when I go to check-in with AF for the leg of the trip to Seattle since I didn't use the first portion?

Posted by
11197 posts

To avoid this, I'm willing to purchase a 1 way ticket from Luxembourg to CDG on an earlier flight. Will this be problematic when I go to check-in with AF for the leg of the trip to Seattle since I didn't use the first portion?

Yep. BIG problem

Your CDG-SEA segment will have been canceled as you were a no show for the LUX-CDG leg.

Posted by
13 posts

That's what I was afraid of. Thank you all for your time and feedback, I appreciate it.

Posted by
1161 posts

Having just done this recently (changing terminals with an hour layover) do everything you can to change to the earlier flight. It may involve a fee, but you will be glad you did. Running was quite involved in our changing terminals, and we had carry-on. Barely made it, and that also involved line jumping at security, which wasn't popular. We were last on the plane. Security was way backed up because we had to go through security again. Won't do that again.