Please sign in to post.

CDG airport hotel

Does anyone have a recommendation for CDG airport hotel? We have a one night stop over before flying on to Sicily early the next morning. A shuttle to the airport would be preferable.

Posted by
6366 posts

It's been a while, but a few years ago (pre-pandemic) we spent a night at the Ibis Budget Roissy-CDG Paris Nord 2. I don't remember what it cost, but I do recall it was one of the least expensive we checked.

The room was fine, small, of course; the staff was helpful. The included breakfast was not very good, but we had a very good dinner at a restaurant just minutes away from the hotel the previous evening. And yes, there was a shuttle that took us straight to our terminal.

We had thought we'd be able to walk into town from the hotel, and town was indeed in walking distance, but we were tired and leery of crossing a busy highway to get there. But the area around the hotel had several restaurants and bars; we didn't get the "last evening in Paris" experience we had hoped for, but it all worked out just fine. The restaurant at which we dined was the Courte Paille; my notes say the beef and fries were very good. And we picked up a half bottle of wine at a nearby hotel bar to take back to the room.

Posted by
6656 posts

We stayed at the Ibis, at the airport itself. Wikivoyage reports there are eight hotels on the airport grounds. They'll be more convenient than one in the town of Roissy.

Posted by
900 posts

Stay at a hotel on the airport property, not outside. Shuttles can be unreliable / crowded...

By the way, this question comes up every month or two, and lots of digital ink has been spilt on this topic...consensus from experienced travelers is what I recommend, have done it myself multiple times after learning the shortcomings of going off the airport property the first time I did it over 10 years ago, never did it again...

Posted by
65 posts

Sheraton is inside the airport (terminal 2), which made it super convenient for an early AM flight. We stayed there 3+ weeks ago before our flight back home, and I’d recommend it. You’ll pay a bit more for the convenience compared to a hotel that requires a shuttle to get you to CDG. The reduced stress was worth it.

Posted by
709 posts

We booked a night at CitizenM. Haven’t stayed yet. Website says they are having a sale on summer rates but doesn’t give dates for the sale with exception to book by 02July.

Posted by
8194 posts

Stay AT not near the airport and you will be on the CDGVAL intra airport rail to get to your terminal in the morning. Never stay at a place with a shuttle near the airport; shuttles are not reliable.

We use the Novotel at Roissypole, right at the CDGVAL and RER B station. We can hop into Paris for dinner and return for the night to be ready to get to the terminal in the morning. It is 11.25 into Paris and so you can get a 20 Euro day pass if you will be back by midnight for about 20 Euro. The buffet breakfast at Novotel is diverse and good; the place is quiet and clean; it is a lot cheaper than the Hilton and Sheraton. Lots of people love the Sheraton which is directly connected to Terminal 2. I have not stayed there. Stayed at the Hilton once and hated it.

Absolutely go into Paris for dinner and an evening stroll or even a late afternoon seine cruise and dinner if your flight lands early enough to make that feasible. Dining at the airport is grim. The worst meal we had in Europe in dozens of trips was the airport Hilton at CDG -- along with really rude service. It as also very expensive which I expected and would not have criticized if the food had not been just so awful.

Posted by
15 posts

Thank you everyone for taking the time to answer my question. I’m sure it’s been answered many times before! We definitely plan on going into Paris for the day, our flight arrives at CDG in the morning. The suggestion of staying at the airport, not near it is something I hadn’t thought of, so thank you again.

Posted by
147 posts

Similar to SJS, I will be staying at citizenM for the night before my early morning flight back to the US later this year. The hotel is only a few minutes walking distance from the CDGVAL airport shuttle train station; which you can take to CDV 2 TGV station the next morning.

https://goo.gl/maps/WU7LR1ZHuNjxU6bi7

Posted by
8194 posts

Oh if you are arriving in the morning, then definitely get a day pass for the train. the Mobilis is about 20 Euro and will cover the trip to and from Paris and any rides you take in Paris that day. It is done at 12am -- so be sure to be back to come through the gate before then. Make a dinner reservation.