Please sign in to post.

CDG Airport

Has anyone tried doing “Meet and Greet - Fast Track” at the Charles de Gaulle airport ($154). I am dreading our departure back to Seattle in a couple of days. We visited Paris once before, and our departure from CDG was awful.

Posted by
5687 posts

What was so bad about your departure from CDG last time? If you arrive early enough, it should just be a matter of waiting in various lines. If by chance you can check in for your flight online e.g. with your phone, using your airline's app, you might save some time at the airport - one less line to wait in.

Posted by
822 posts

there are now E(lectronic) Gates on the outbound side for US, Canadian, and EU passport holders, at least in 2E, definitely speeds up the process.

Posted by
8060 posts

my experience of the last two trips out of CDG and into CDG is that the electronic gates slow down the process especially on arrival. We spent 90 minutes in line in April while our very long line in immigration was funneled through one electronic gate although many stood unused. No one knew how to work them so it was extra slow.

We had some terrible experiences years ago at CDG almost missing a plane on one occasion when we were there over 3 hours before the flight due to the way the process was managed. We used to end our trips in Amsterdam so we didn't have to fly out of CDG. But the last few times we have been through check in and emigration in about half an hour and it has gone very smoothly.

Posted by
352 posts

OH Andrew, I am sure there are many "bad" stories about CDG. We too, arrived 3 hours before flight time, in transit, and managed to get to the gate 20 mins before flight departure. We accept that someplace we made an error but we were being directed by personnel. We kept showing our ticket and they would say this way. We actually were sent to another terminal and had to find our way back. Oddly, we found other travelers facing the same problem that day.