Please sign in to post.

Catacombs

Has anyone used the skip the line ticket for the catacombs? Wondering if it really works and if it is worth the extra cost. I've read there is a 2-3 hour wait without it, Thanks.

Posted by
114 posts

We used the skip the line 3 years ago. I think it was worth it. Yes there was a long line when we got there. Not sure how long those people waited. We showed our tickets and went right in. At that time it cost 10 euros extra if i recall. It included audio guide.

Posted by
8125 posts

We lucky healthy athletic experienced tourists showed up spontaneously without a ticket and waited and hour and a half. Waiting is fun with the right folks right timing

Posted by
4 posts

We did not buy a skip the line ticket on a trip to Paris in November, and really regret it. We waited in line at least two hours and it nearly ruined the day (certainly spoiled our appreciation of the catacombs at least). Go for it!

Posted by
32 posts

Definitely worth it.
My daughter and I used it two years ago. The line was around the block. We were able to walk right in.
There’s so much to do in Paris, why waste your time standing in a line if you don’t have to.
Plus, if you get stuck in that long line, you have no access to a restroom.