Please sign in to post.

Cassis

My husband and I are starting to plan a trip to France. One of our stops was going to be Cassis because we hoped to see the Mediterranean fjords, but my husband tells me that he read that that was not a good place to stay given the large amount of refugees that are flooding the city. Please advise if you know of such a problem there.

Posted by
2916 posts

I haven't been to Cassis in a few years, but I haven't read anything about a refugee issue there. I wonder if he was confusing it with Calais, which does have a serious refugee problem.

Posted by
11294 posts

I was puzzled by your post until I read Robert's reply - I think he's got it. You're probably confusing Cassis (not near any place refugees would be) with Calais (near the Channel Tunnel, and so where a lot of refugees congregate, hoping to find a way to get to England).

Posted by
3163 posts

I don't know if you're considering a special trip to Cassis or if you'll be driving or taking public transport. If you are going to visit Marseille, you could take one of the tour boats from Vieux Porte to see the calanques as well.

Posted by
323 posts

Thank you for your reply's. He said that "he probably read Calais and thought Cassis".