Please sign in to post.

Carrieres de Lumières

We are contemplating buying tics ahead of time for this show. But I see that currently it is an Egyptian theme through the rest of this year. We are not great fans of Egyptian history. In Museums we always skip by this section. However, I am reading that it is a not to be missed cave experience (at least when Van Gogh, Picasso, etc is featured there)
Has anyone seen this show and what did you think?
Thx

Posted by
226 posts

We saw this back in April 2022 when it was an Italian history theme. Very cool to see and would recommend just for the experience. Music was great too and nearby village of Les Baux was worth a visit as well.

Posted by
7259 posts

I have seen the Egyptian show at Atelier des Lumières in Paris (sister site) and it was so-so. I would skip it!

Posted by
7749 posts

You did not say whether you have been to any other projected immersive experience. You may be giving too much "educational" credit to the event and not enough "entertainment" value. One reason I went to an event at the Emigrant Savings Bank Building in NYC was to see a famous landmarked interior that is normally inaccessible. The Klimt painting projections taught me little about Klimt. Same for Van Gogh.