Please sign in to post.

Car rental in Paris

We recently rented a car through AutoEurope, car rental company at CDG was Europcar. Some additional charges that I was not aware that we would be charged, like roadside assistance and GPS (which we never used). Has anyone had similar experience?

Posted by
11153 posts

We have never had any surprise charges from AutoEurope either.

Posted by
2 posts

The surprise wasn't from AutoEurope but from Europcar. We did not check either of the charges, GPS and roadside assistance, but were billed for them in a separate charge directly from Europcar, not AutoEurope. Thanks for your response, however.

Posted by
2311 posts

I’ve rented from AutoEurope numerous times (and specifically EuropeCar) and it is very clear that GPS is an optional feature. You have to click a box to select it and it shows up as an itemized amount on your rental agreement.

There are always some fees that are collected at the counter, like additional driver, but those are also identified on the agreement. Roadside Assistance may be similar. But I don’t think we’ve ever opted for that.

Posted by
20074 posts

I guess I would have 2 questions.
1. Did the car actually have a GPS?
2. Do you have a document showing that you declined GPS and road side assistance?

If you have such a document, you may have recourse to complain to AutoEurope and go from there.

Posted by
10188 posts

AutoEurope will investigate and go to bat for you. Just call their 800 number.

I had to do exactly that this past week when I didn't understand a charge that showed up a month later on my credit card from Avis.