Please sign in to post.

Car rental

I will be flying in to CDG in Paris and will need a rental car. I don’t know which terminal to choose for the rental car pickup. Also, would it be risky to rent a car from the terminal when we arrive? Travel date September 25, 2019

Posted by
473 posts

We rented a car from CDG last summer and it was easy. We used Hertz. From there we drove to Chartres. There was some traffic it was a Sunday in the Paris area. What airline are you flying? We were on a United flight that landed in terminal one and that’s where we picked up our car. I wouldn’t plan on driving very far that first day and that’s why we chose to go Chartres. Easy driving for an arrival day.

Posted by
3699 posts

Pretty much all the arrival terminals have car rental pick up locations (Terminal 3 is the exception). See http://easycdg.com/airport-guide/car-rental/ Why wouldn't you choose the arrival terminal as the place to pick up the car? Why would it be risky to pick up the car fro the terminal? What kind of risk are you asking about? Do you mean as opposed to picking up the car from someplace else or are you concerned about driving right after a flight? If you are coming off a long-haul flight, my go-to advice is to avoid driving for more than 45 minutes to an hour immediately upon arrival and ideally to avoid driving altogether.

Posted by
752 posts

Prices are better if you book in advance, and you can choose a rate that allows cancellations. Delay, not getting the size vehicle you want (particularly if it’s an automatic), and higher prices are the risks of not booking in advance.

If you already have a flight reservation, the airline can tell you what terminal they fly into at CDG, it’s usually on the airline website.

Hope this helps!